Три

"(Y/n)..."

"(Y/n)...!"

"(Y/n)!" you blinked your eyes open to see an unfamiliar, grinning face. No longer did you see the canopy of the tree that you left yourself below, but now your eyes adjusted to the candle light from the candelabras and the sun's rays spilling through the stained glass windows. You took a moment to look around the room. It appeared to be a throne room and you were sitting in the throne-or rather, the lap of the man on the throne. You squealed as you tucked and rolled off him, landing on the carpeted floor.

"Do not fret, it's only me!" He waved his hands as if to calm you down (which didn't help.)

"I-I don't know you!" You blurted.
"Of course you don't." He sighed. "My name is Alderam, and I am the current ruler of this land." He claimed. You looked at him like a deer in headlights as you realized how rude you have been, even if it has only been for the past few minutes.

"I-I am so sorry for how I have acted, your highness! I was just so startled by the... change in scenery." You reasoned so he didn't suspect you meant to offend him.

"No! No no no! I completely understand! But that aside," He slithered off his throne and to you, holding his arm out for you to take. He hoisted you up but didn't let go of your hand. He looked you dead in the eye with such a serious expression, it would even make a jester shut up.

"Do you have any idea where you are?" Your reply was easy.

"Of course! I'm in Williamsburg, Virginia, In the United States of America. And since everyone seems to want a full response, I reside in North America, on Earth, in the Milky Way Galaxy."

"Incorrect. Try again." He ordered. You thought about it long and hard. You never asked yourself that question before as you were always somewhat aware of where you were.

"If you say that's not right then I don't know how to help you, hun." You shrugged.

"You, my dear," He leaned in a little bit. "Are in an alternate, unnamed dimension. There is rumored to be a savior, however, that will be able to save, rule, and this land."

"Well! That sounds like fun! Give them my regards!" You chirped. You could just hear the slap as if he mentally face-palmed.

"How can humans be so dense?" He muttered under his breath. "Either way, this savior will be the be the current King's downfall."

"so you're saying..." You trailed.

"Yes. This savior will be my downfall." He told you. You looked to the side in deep thought. It was so weird being informed all of these unnatural occurrences. You were so used to the usual get up, go to school, go home, sleep, repeat. You weren't going to lie, you-like everyone-wanted something to shake up your life. You didn't expect such a mind revolting, logic breaking, deadly, over the top adventure with three animals who claimed to be human four thousand years ago!

"Well, I do believe it is now time for you to wake up. I can already hear their screams of anger at your unresponsive nature. Oh! But before you go, remember," He leaned into your ear to whisper something in it. "They are lying." He leaned away, only to dive for your mouth. The moment your mouths touched your eyes fluttered open to greenery and the your travel companions.

"Are you okay!? You were having a nightmare!" Favian interrogated. You looked at him dubiously and blinked twice.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine..." The man's words rang through your head. Alderam was it? He said "They are lying." Surely he couldn't mean these three. Just to be sure, you asked them something that would shake them to their very core. "You would never lie to me, would you?" They were taken aback by your blunt accusation that they couldn't speak and it honestly looked like they were stumbling over their answers even though it should be a simple "No." It took them a little too long, so after an awkward moment of silence you opened your mouth again. "Right?"