Last nights events were slowly coming back to me. I remembered missing her, and Taehyung inviting me to drink with him. And then...

I stared hard at the empty side of the bed...I remembered [Y/N] being here with me?

Okay, I definitely imagined that part. She had moved away from Busan a whole year ago and we hadn't kept in contact since. Heart heavy and full of regret, I walked downstairs after washing up. The kitchen was surprisingly clean, the house was empty without my parents and Joochan. My gaze stopped at a note.

Thinking it was probably from Eomma, I picked it up and lazily read it. I froze as I scanned the undeniably familiar handwriting.

Jungkook,

I don't know if you'll remember this, but you were drunk yesterday and I brought you home. This is just so you don't freak out. Ask Taehyung for details.

Make sure you eat and take care of yourself

-[Y/N].

My grip on the paper tightened after reading it. [Y/N]'s back, was all I could think. I hastily pulled out my phone, hands slightly trembling.

-

jungkook: we need to talk.

I sighed in frustration and ran my hands through my hair harshly as I read the message for the 56th time. Already two hours had passed and I hadn't gained the courage to reply. What was the worst thing that could happen?

I glared at my reflection. In all honesty I was beyond angry with myself for being so pathetic. I was just talking to him - this was a step in moving on. Although my weak heart was begging me not to let go so quickly and to wait. I raised my chin in determination. I was fighting a war with myself - but I had to work to make sure the right side won me over. My result was going to affect others too, I had to make this right.

-

I walked aimlessly around the fountain, waiting for Jungkook to finally arrive. Slowly my conscience started throwing ideas into my mind, and an uneasy began to fill my gut. Thankfully before I could back out cowardly, the subject of my thoughts finally appeared.

I held in my gasp as I drank in his appearance. Doe, toffee-tinted eyes, uneven lips and tiny dimples were still exactly the same. But his hair...was now dyed a shocking strawberry tinted color. Seeing my dumbstruck expression he chuckled before waving a hand gently in front of my face.

Seeing Jungkook after a whole year - the shock was just now getting to me even though I had seen him (though not so clearly) the day before.

"Oh-um," I fake coughed quietly as the both of us fell into silence, staring at each other.

Finally breaking the intense staring competition, I sat at the fountain edge as gestured for Jungkook to sit next to me. A small smile adorned his lips as his finger traced patterns in the water. Seeing him right next to me, so ethereal and breathtaking, my heart began hurting again. Jungkook deserved so much happiness and I knew that I couldn't be that for him. He deserved someone better.

Smiling bitterly, my gaze traveled towards the freshly dyed hair. It just looked so soft and I found myself stroking it lightly. My body froze with terror as I heard a low humming emitting from the boy. I quickly retracted my hand away, but it was quickly caught by his.

"You can carry on," Jungkook mumbled shyly, trying to conceal his burning cheeks. I smiled lightly and continued stroking.

"So..how have you been?" Jungkook asked trying to sound casual, but I could hear the anxiety in his voice.

"U-um, fine I guess, how about you?" I managed to say, feeling slightly hurt by the fact that we were conversing like strangers. I would have to start getting used to this.

Jungkook simply nodded in response before turning to me. Feeling intimidated by his full attention, I quickly averted my gaze towards the fountain and drew circles in the water.

"[Y/N]," his melodious voice called out, "my eyes are here."

I still couldn't bring myself to look at him, and with disappointment I could feel hot tears brimming at the corners of my eyes. Jungkook held my chin gently and I had no choice but to face him.

Oh god, I thought, embarrassed yet again as I could feel heat running to my cheeks and painting it a bright pink color.

"Too cute," Jungkook tilted his head to the side, eyes sparkling, "you're too cute [Y/N]."

And then his lips were against my own.

-

A/N

oof hello everybody!

seeing how much support this story has gained i had to update :( ily all sm <3

burn the stage premier is tomorrow i'm so excited <3

make sure you are all taking care of yourselves, ly all!

-sora.