Ice Cream ; 아이스크림

"Chae, I'm going to be fine!" I whined for the 134340th time at my best friend in front of me.

"Okay okay [Y/N], you know I'm just taking the necessary precautions-"

"You're literally just down the hallway with Hayeon I don't underst-"

"But if anything, and I mean ANYTHING happens or if he says anything wrong, you make sure to tell me and I'll-"

"Cut off his ability to have children I know, I know," I sighed.

"You got it [Y/N]," she giggled as she walked back to her room, "love you!"

"I love you too," I grumbled, dragging myself to my bedroom where Jungkook was waiting, "eOmMa."

"What was that all about?"Jungkook asked as I entered the room.

"Oh," I rolled my eyes, "Best friend 'precautions'." From the look on Jungkook's face I could tell he was lost. "Basically Chae being an overprotective idiot."

"Oh," he chuckled, "you should introduce me to your friends sometime."

oH hAha you do not want me to introduce you to them I thought, laughing hysterically in my head.

"Hmm maybe," I mumbled noncommittally.

"You know," Jungkook started suddenly, "this seems weird. It's like our friendship never changed, never ended. We just picked up from where we left off.."

To you it might.

"Almost as if you still remember me.."

I froze, then slowly turned to Jungkook, to see his eyes were staring right back at me.

"But you don't," he said, dejectedly, bowing his head.

Guilt suddenly swelled up inside me. "Hey," I said softly, "let's go outside for a bit, okay?"

-

I giggled at the sight of Jungkook on his tip toes with his hands reaching up to catch the golden-red tinted leaves tumbling down like feathers. He turns to look at me, scowling.

"What?" I asked, stifling another giggle by watching the leaves continued falling.

"It's not like you could do it anyway," he returned smugly.

I froze in place, slowly turning to meet his teasing gaze with a glare. IS HE MAKING FUN OF MY HEIGHT?

"Ah so tiny and cute," he mocked in a fake baby voice.

oH NO YOU DIDN'T

"Are you challenging me Jeon?" I growled with my teeth gritted.

"Maybe," he smirked, "maybe not."

"Oh it's on," I grumbled, "BUT whoever reaches the leaf first pays for the other's ice cream."

-

Half an hour later and I was sitting across Jungkook in the nearest ice cream shop, smirking triumphantly.

"Note to self, never challenge [Y/N] ever again," he mumbled to himself, staring at his ice cream dejectedly.

"Mhm," I smiled happily, soon falling into a world of daydreams.

"Isn't ice cream amazing?" I sighed, lying down on the daisy-freckled grass.

"I thought I was," mumbled Jungkook, who was sitting down next to me.

"It's like the best thing to have ever existed," I giggled.

"I thought I was," he grumbled, growing annoyed.

"I love ice cream."

"I'm still here you know." Even with my eyes closed I could hear the pout in his voice.

"Awh," I teased, "is Kookie jealous? Of ice cream?"

Hearing no reply, I sat up to see Jungkook staring at the star specked sky.

"Jungkook," I whispered, hearing a noncommittal 'hmm' in response.

"I love ice cream yes," I reached for his hand, "but I love my best friend more."

"[Y/N]?"

"[Y/N]?"

I jumped back into reality with a start to see Jungkook staring at me with concern. But then he leaned foward, and...

...wiped something off the corner of my lips.

"You had ice cream there," he giggled, licking his finger and causing my heart to skip a beat.

Wait...

gO BACK, I urged my thoughts to erase themselves.

But with just them words, the terrible truth dawned upon me.

uh oh.

I like Jungkook.

A/N

hehehehe

sorry for the inactivity, I've been really busy lately but I have chapters ready so hopefully there won't be that long of a wait for the next update.

Make sure to vote and comment if you liked this chapter,, stay healthy + take care of yourselves!