6 weeks left.

"Hurry it's gonna get dark!" Jimin yelled as he and Tae were pulling a log into the clearing. It had been a week since they were stranded in the forest, no one had come looking for them that they had given up hope.

They heard and saw footprints occasionally but the thing or person, whatever it was, never showed themselves.

Jimin and Tae stayed with each other all the time because they both had a feeling they were being watched.

Tae was more confused at the fact that the boys hadn't come looking for them, they had walked in the forest but didn't know if they were walking farther into the forest or closer to the edge.

They were getting a log to set a small fire so they could be warm and to use as a signal if someone came looking for them. Hopefully the boys had been searching for them, how could they just leave without looking for them?!

"Okay we'll go to sleep and wake up and look for more berries" Jimin said as he set the log down. Tae was a little surprised a how Jimin had been calm and controlling in this situation. He had found Jimin crying the first couple of days but they sat together, cowering under a tree, and clutched each other for dear life.

They weren't used to it, no one could be used to being stranded in a forest for a week. They had grown up privileged, a house, food, electronics. Tae estimated that they might not survive another week if they didn't find food.

"Actually let's go get berries now, we have time" Jimin said after they had put the log down and looked up at the sky, Tae nodded and picked up their bundle of sticks that had found. Every time they left their clearing they would stick the sticks into the ground to mark where they had walked so they could find their way back.

Jimin began to walk and Tae followed close behind, his biggest fear was losing Jimin. He laughed at himself, before he would have never relied on a person but now he couldn't even imagine being stranded here alone.

As they walked farther into the forest Tae continued on sticking the pieces of wood into the ground, Jimin was up ahead picking berries they had seen earlier. A source of food after they had been relying on Tae's backpack for the past week. Tae felt the most guilt for not charging his phone, if he had then none of this would have happened.

"What if it's poisonous?" Tae asked slowly as he approached Jimin who was crouching down and analyzing the berries.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out" he said as he squished one in his hand. Blue juice oozed out of it, the sight of it made Tae's stomach queasy.

"How're you gonna know?" Tae asked, he was genuinely intrigued in this kind of stuff, he had watched some survival videos but never experienced it like Jimin had in his Boy Scouts.

"If there is an odour or a milky or different coloured sap coming out from the leaves then its most likely poisonous" he replied breaking off a stem.

Tae watched as he squeezed out the contents and was glad to see that there was no such odour or sap. Jimin smiled back at him and Tae took off his shirt so they could put the berries inside.

"You need to work out" Jimin laughed as he carried Tae's berry filled shirt. "Let's grab water on the way" Tae suggested and they walked towards the stream which was close by. Tae was a little shocked at how they adjusted to this life, but he wanted to go home.

Jimin jumped into the water and began to swim around washing himself in case any poisonous bug or plant got on him. Tae sat at the edge with his feet in the water as he stared up at the darkening sky.

"Hurry, it's gonna get dark soon" Tae yelled to Jimin who came out from under the water and nodded before going back under. Jimin had been so afraid to get into the water at first because of the fear of what lurked underneath. That reminded Tae of himself, afraid to talk to people, afraid to get attached to people, afraid of what lurked behind each word they spoke, each action they made.

Maybe Yoongi or Jungkook convinced the boys that they didn't need to find Tae or Jimin, he had been a little suspicious of Yoongi lately but he couldn't bring himself to accuse him of such things. He wouldn't do that to someone's whose pains he understood. Would he?

After a quick swim they both picked up their berries and began to head back to their clearing. As they started walking Tae began to panic,

Someone had taken out their markings.

(A/n: lmao sorry for this boring chapter, I promise more interesting ones are coming ~Zay)

For the continuing chapters I may skip some weeks but I'm not 100% sure, I don't want this book to be too long and keep dragging on because I feel like it will start to get boring etc. You can stay updated on my story on Instagram @hobi.ca