Chapter 1

Spottedpaw was out of the apprentice den, sunlight pouring on her tortoiseshell fur. She sighed. "It's such a beautiful day like always." she thought, purring.
            Spottedpaw saw Thistleclaw walk into camp with Tigerpaw, obviously coming back from training. Thistleclaw padded to Spottedpaw.
            "Hey." Thistleclaw purred. Spottedpaw purred back as she licked his cheek.
            "So, what's up?" Spottedpaw mewed. Thistleclaw looked around the camp. "I want to show you something." he mewed. Excitement rushed beneath Spottedpaw's pelt.
             Thistleclaw padded to the apprentice den, flicking his tail at Spottedpaw, motioning her to follow.
              She followed him in the apprentice den. She laid down in her nest.
              "Now close your eyes and sleep. You'll see a dark forest." Thistleclaw mewed.
               Spottedpaw did as she was told and closed her eyes. She woke up in a dream and saw she was standing in a dark forest. She felt warm fur beside her.
                "Isn't it great here?" Thistleclaw purred. Spottedpaw nodded, looking around the forest in awe.
                "The rest of the cats think it's ugly." Thistleclaw growled. Spottedpaw looked at him. "I don't think it's ugly. I actually think it's very beautiful." Spottedpaw purred.
                 Thistleclaw smiled at her. "I knew you'd like it here." he purred. "Hey, do you, by any chance, want to train here or something? I know really great battle moves!" Thistleclaw mewed.
                 Spottedpaw thought for a moment. Her mentor was Thrushpelt, but all he does seem to do is stare at Bluefur and not train Spottedpaw.
                 Spottedpaw nodded. "I'd love to train here with you!" she purred. She saw happiness in Thistleclaw's eyes as he pressed against her and twined his tail with hers.