Chapter 22: Something Dark

Start from the beginning

Lavin burst into a laugh. "So is this what people pay therapy for? The questions you asked me are the questions you as the psychologist should tell me as the patient. Not the other way round..."

Brian looked at her. This young Lady was very beautiful. She had a very smooth complexion with starry black eyes popping out and her long black hair tumbling on her shoulders. She'd worn a silky skimpy dress which showed her well cut out body with long legs in black boots. Lavin looked lovely and Brian couldn't help but admire God's Art.

"No, I'm just trying to say we should talk... You know, talk like friends. Tell me how it started, how you feel about it... you know, just like friends,"Brian explained with a book on his lap, looking at Lavin.

Lavin licked her lower lip. "Well, sorry... I'm not into the friends thing... Why don't we just do the more than friends thang?" She was seated on top of the table now and had grabbed Brian's tie.

"Hey Lavin! Lavin!" Brian pulled back,barking at her.

Lavin coyly looked at him. "Say my name again baby!"

Brian scowled at her when she let go of her tie. "This is highly unprofessional!"

"Is this the part I'm supposed to say sorry Doc?"

Brian smirked. "This is the part you wave the doc goodbye!"

"What! Our session is done! How quick?"

"Lavin,please find another psychologist you can talk to..."Said Brian dryily. "Honestly,I can't stand being your therapist."

Lavin's eyes gleamed with tears. She was crying! Brian was caught off guard.

"What's wrong Ms.Lavin?"

Lavin brushed off her tears swiftly then burst into a laugh. "You bought that? I really should be an actress."

Brian huffed. "Okay,now could you please leave my office? I have other patients to attend to..."

Lavin stared at him. "Look, I'm a patient too..."

"But you don't want to talk! What I'm I supposed to do?"

Lavin grinned."Beg me to talk."

"I have a feeling that behind that grin,you're hiding something. Something dark. But you don't want to be seen as vulnerable or weak so you just blend all that into a fake smile..."Said Brian staring deep into those pretty eyes. "But soon, it will break you. It will take you to a dark place where no one can save you... So you better start talking now."

All this time she was silent. Trying her best not to make eye contact with Brian. Then she said softly, "I'm not weak!"

She took her bag and left quietly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Amani was trying to reach Brian. Koi had told her not to call or text him but here she was, doing the exact opposite thing. Deep down, she knew he would not reply or pick the calls. But she desperately wanted to hear his voice. She was done with the games and the secrets. She was ready to tell him everything.

Then he picked this time.

Her heart stopped then started throbbing faster and louder. "H...h...hey."

"Hey," Brian mumbled.

She took in a deep breath. "How are you?"

He was silent and for a minute she thought he'd hung up then he said, "go straight to the point. Why the hell did you call!"