'The Croistin are still a threat Dinah. Since Pandora's box is a dead end, we're kind of fucked until I find a way to end this once and for all.'

'Then we make another charm for him or her or we give them mine. There'll always be something that comes up. One of the kingdoms will piss the other one off or we'll be at war with another realm and other species. That doesn't mean we don't get to live. We deserve to live, to be happy and to go on in spite of whatever life throws at us. I understand if you're just not ready, or if you don't want kids yet but don't let your only reason be the Croistin.'

Normani let out a quiet sigh. 'I am ready, and I do want this. But what if something goes wrong and I die or I'm never there or I'm always too busy. I don't want our child growing up feeling anything close to how I felt.'

'I happen to already know that you'll be nothing short of an incredible mother and it's not just because Luna told me. You're an amazing ruler, an incredible wife, I'm pretty sure our babies might love you more than they love me. If anything happens to either of us then better to have a child now than put it off.'

'Impossible,' Normani said defiantly. 'So you really want us to do this? We're having a baby?'

Dinah nodded. 'Yeah, we're having a baby. But can we maybe keep it between us and Aramis for now?Just in case things go wrong again.'

'Okay,' Normani nodded. 'If at any point you start to feel like you might not want or be ready for this, don't force yourself to go through it. The vision with the little boy and girl can wait. It doesn't have to be now.'

'No I'm good, I just talked to your mom about how it was for her. I don't think that the things the public said helped in any way and I don't want that kind of stress.'

Three months later
Normani sighed, she was in the middle of a meeting and all she could think about was Dinah. She tried to push into her wife's mind and was met with a wall, the same one that she had spent two months living with because of a stupid fight that Dinah decided to pick with her. Not to mention the fact that Dinah had been avoiding being alone with her and sleeping in her own room.

Aslan called her attention back to the matter at hand. 'Your majesty what do you think?'

'It'll contain them until we can find a permanent solution.'

Normani walked through the palace looking for her wife including the arena though she knew how much Dinah hated sparring. Finally Normani found Dinah in her room, sitting on the couch with her back to the door. Dinah wiped furiously at her face, whilst her other hand held a T-shirt.

The older woman cleared her throat. 'Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen?'

'I was looking for one of your hoodies and I found this,' Dinah replied, handing her the T-shirt which was actually a baby onesie.

Normani saw the words "Coming Soon" written on the front. She looked down at Dinah and was about to ask what she was supposed to guess when she saw the pregnancy test in Dinah's hand. Normani became still as her mind finally connected the pieces of the puzzle. She looked at the onesie in her hands and then at Dinah who it turned out had been pretending to cry.

'You're pregnant?' Normani's voice was as soft and as gentle as a caress. 'We're having a baby?'

Dinah nodded as she stood. 'We're having a baby.'

The first time that she took the test, it had been negative and she had picked a fight that resulted in her not really speaking to Normani for two months more out of sadness that it hadn't happened than out of anything that the older woman had actually done. Two weeks ago, Tori took one look at her and knew that she was pregnant and a test had confirmed it.