Chapter 13

As soon as Harry arrived at Peverell Palace, Hibby rushed Harry into getting ready. She practically pushed Harry into the shower, combed his hair herself, and helped him get into the clothes Tom had left for him.

They were formal and every bit as uncomfortable as they looked. Harry sighed, the lady in the store mustn't have taken in what he said about comfort. At least it wasn't red.

The jacket was blue, finely made, with silver embellishes at the collar and cuff. The pants were plain black but also had silver embroidered on it. The robes that went over top had a gradient from the blue at the top to a frosty white at the bottom, also with the silver meanderings. It looked very wintry.

Hibby placed the Peverell seal over everything and let it hang naturally. The collar was stiff and pressed into Harry's throat, and the material of the shirt beneath the jacket sucked at Harry and kept his back straight. It seemed to be charmed to be uncomfortable.

Tom tutted as he finally saw Harry, "How long do you take to get ready?"

Harry paused as he saw Tom. His clothes were in the same colour scheme, it must be the Peverell colours. It looked very Ravenclaw to Harry, with all the blue. Just with silver instead of bronze. The clothes seemed to suit Tom in a way they didn't on Harry, they showed his muscles and his frame in a complementing way.

Harry had to stop himself from drooling and say, "I didn't take that long, it took a while to get these uncomfortable clothes on."

"They're more comfortable than they could be." Tom said, "Anyway, they look okay on you so we succeeded there."

"Okay?" Harry repeated, "Only okay? You astound your husband with your compliments."

"I'll curse you." Tom warned.

Harry laughed, "Then I wouldn't be able to act as your husband. Anyway, how are the properties?"

"Good." Tom said, taking up the subject, "I bought the death eater house. Apparently, it used to belong to Slytherin so it will work nicely for that. Don't worry, I paid for it with Slytherin's money. I made another visit to Gringotts to accept the Lordship for Slytherin. No, I didn't make a fuss in the papers. No one knows I was there apart from the goblins and what do you expect me to do about them?"

Harry shook his head, "I didn't say anything."

"I saw the look on your face." There was a pause after Tom's words as they walked silently to the entrance of the house.

"So," Harry said, "When do we actually have to be there?"

"Now." Tom said and with no prior warning, grabbed Harry's arm and apparated them away.

Harry stumbled as they landed outside a huge manor. Harry glared at Tom, "Don't do that! Or else I'll shadow-step you one day and leave you in the shadow!"

Tom clenched his grip on Harry's arm, "You can't betray me."

Harry sighed in frustration, "I was only joking. Jeez, you take everything so seriously."

"I just don't think betrayal is a laughing matter." Tom said.

"It is when you know I can't betray you." Harry said defensively.

Tom just shook his head, "Come on, Husband. We don't want to be late."

Tom let go of Harry's arm and walked with him to the door. A house elf, wearing the normal grubby pillowcase, opened the door for them and led them to where the ball was being held.

Neither of them showed any emotion at the grandeur of the house or the evident bruises on the small elf. Harry's inner self recoiled and wanted nothing more than to pummel the owner of the elf. But that would ruin Tom's entrance into the political world.