Chapter 8

Harry stayed on the ground for a good five minutes - stunned by the unexpected kiss and surprised that he'd kissed back. He couldn't believe Voldemort had kissed him, even with the vampire effects he would never have thought Voldemort would ever kiss him. 

He got up, ready to use terrorising death eaters to distract him from the thought of Tom's lips on his. He stole some of Lucius' death eater robes and resized them to fit him. It would ensure nobody recognised him as Marvolo's husband.

Terrorising the death eaters he needed to did indeed help occupy Harry's mind but it also satisfied his bloodlust, and got his name - Shadow, not Harry Potter that would be utterly stupid - out there. He didn't have to do more than a threat and the odd torture. It really didn't take much, especially when Voldemort's name was brought into it.

Harry also decided to, before returning to Grimmauld Place, take care of the neutrals Harry had decided needed to go. It all went without a hitch. Several of the loudest anti-werewolf neutrals found themselves at the bottom of the North Sea.

Harry returned to his time travel booth and turned back time to when he'd left. Harry's guess was that it was a 12 hour time-turner, capable of going only 12 hours into the past. That was good enough for Harry.

Harry waited for the signal his past self sent through before exiting the booth.

It was only mid-afternoon. Time travelling was such a strange thing. Harry didn't think he'd ever get used to it. But it was dead useful. No one would ever link the Peverell Harry to Harry Potter because no one could see in two places at the same time.

He'd need to come up with a name. He couldn't be called Shadow Peverell after all, he was trying to make that name known and feared. Harry hummed as he thought of names that he might like to be called. Was this what naming a child would be like?

He liked the name Thorstan, he'd met a vampire with that name in the immortal world. He also like Terence. What was it with names that start with T? Harry decided on Thorstan. Terence Peverell had too many 'e's. 

Harry hid the Peverell seal in the inner pocket of his robes before heading down stairs to talk to his friends. To his surprise, Dumbledore was waiting for him. Dumbledore would be there to witness his own alibi, how fitting. Maybe he was being too paranoid about anyone even thinking to link Harry to 'Thorstan'. 

Harry had to force himself to smile at the aged wizard.

"My boy." Dumbledore said, "I got your letter about changing Divination to Arithmancy for your O.W.L. year. Are you sure?"

Harry nodded, "Divination is a useless subject."

Dumbledore seemed uncomfortable, "Even if it helps you defeat Voldemort?"

"How would it help me defeat Voldemort?" Harry asked, mind flickering to the prophecy. Dumbledore knew it. Why wasn't he telling him? Why leave him in the dark unnecessarily? Didn't he deserve to know? The prophecy was about him!

Dumbledore seemed to be debating telling Harry, "Why Arithmancy?"

Harry felt the urge to sneer at the evasion of his question, "It's interesting."

Dumbledore sighed, "You'll have to do a test to see if you know enough because you'll be two years behind everyone else."

"Okay." Harry said plainly, he'd ace the test and be done with it.

"Do you have a free room available for it?" Dumbledore asked.

"You mean, right now?" Harry asked, he hadn't really learnt about Arithmancy for a few years. The book he'd been reading earlier had been just to jog his memory.