X : The Chapter's Closing

And so a new one continues

Fifth tub of ice cream, second box of tissues, seventeenth movie in a row, and first heartbreak

Well, first that she could remember.

Chaeyoung sat in front of her television, a tub of ice cream in her hands, scooping out a spoonful of it almost every time a tear trickled down her cheeks. She wasn't giving her television a break, it was constantly running. It was playing movies that reminded her of him.

Park Jimin

Her first love, and ultimately, her first heartbreak.

He managed to break her heart twice.

Just as she thought she was finally getting back on track, she had to remember this tragedy. She almost hated that she recalled this fact. She just wanted her fantasy - a man she would love forever.

That was all she ever wanted, and the only thing she couldn't get.

Ring ring

Her phone buzzed.

She picked it up to see Jennie's contact number on her phone screen.

She dries her tears and takes a few deep breaths.

                                  answer  decline

"It was about time you picked up.  I was wondering, should we have a girls' night out? After all, it's been days since we saw one another," Jennie says.

"Jennie?" Chaeyoung called, sniffling.

"Chaeyoung? You sound sick, are you okay?"

"No," she sobs even harder, "No I'm not."

"What? Chaeyoung, what happened?"

Chaeyoung cries harder. It was one thing to deal with it, but another to talk about it.

All Jennie could hear through the phone was Chaeyoung sobbing.

She was crying so hard, she couldn't talk.

"Never mind, don't tell me yet. The girls and I will be right over," Jennie assures.

She manages to stifle out an 'okay' before hanging up, unsure of whether or not Jennie caught it.

Chaeyoung decided to tidy up her house a bit, making sure it looked at least presentable for her best friends.

Soon, the doorbell rang and the girls are at her door.

She opens it to see 3 girls with worried looks plastered all over their faces.

She walked forward to hug them.

They stayed like that, in one another's warm embrace.

Chaeyoung was the first to let go, and the rest followed suit.

"Chaeyoung, we heard from Jennie, what happened?"

"Come in, I'll tell you all about it," Chaeyoung says.

They get comfortable on the couch as chaeyoung begins telling them what she experienced.

"I recalled a memory of Jimin," she says, "and it wasn't a pleasant one."

The girls all had guilty looks on their faces.

"And so a new chapter begins," Lisa mumbles.

—————————————————————————
Finally, the chapter ends, but so does this book. There will be a sequel sometime later. But who's chapter do you think will come next? 👀🤔