Chapter 34

Cameron's POV~

"Hey Sydney. How are you doing." "Good. Thanks for bringing me." "Yeah no problem. So what's going on?" "Um. Nothing." "No. It's not nothing." "Ok but why do you care?" "Because I deserve answers Sydney!!! You broke up with me because of this and I just want to know why Sydney. Please." "Ok fine. I have, Ovarian cancer." I was heart broken. I didn't know how to react to it. She was sick and just wanted to spare my feelings. "How long have you known?" "I found out earlier today." "Oh. Is that why you broke up with me? To spare me for my feelings?" She nodded with her head down. "We're going to get through this together Sydney. You're not alone." "But Cameron I don't want to hurt you. I'd rather just stay where we are right now." I felt tears coming. "I just need some time." "No Cameron Come-" That's all I heard until I shut the door behind me. I just needed time to process this. I walked into the waiting room and sat down. How could I let this happen? Let her slip out of my fingers one by one. I thought for a while and felt my phone buzzing, it was Sydney asking to come back. After an hour of thinking I went back into her room. "Hey." "Hey. Cameron. Look." "No it's fine. I get it you don't want to be with me. And that's fine I just want you to be happy. Even if it means I'll be upset all that really matters is you getting better." "So you understand? And you're okay?" "I guess. I gotta go it's getting pretty late. I'll see you Tomorrow Sydney." "Bye Cameron."

Sydney's POV~

After Cameron left I laid down thinking of how I could leave him. I needed him right now and I just pushed him away. I'm so stupid how could I do that? I went on twitter to direct message him but saw over twitter that there was a picture, of him and another girl kissing. I was upset because he's moved on already. I went to sleep for a while. I woke up and saw Cameron on his phone aside of me. "Hey Syd." "Um. Hi Cameron." "What's wrong?" "Nothing." "Sydney. What's going on?" "I saw a picture of you kissing someone else. And I sorta got upset but I'm over it." "Oh. That was nothing. It was just a fan." "It's okay. I don't need to know." He sat there quietly. "What's wrong Cam?" "I just. I don't feel the need to live anymore. I hate myself and I don't even know why." "Cameron. Trust me you have all the reasons to live. You don't need to hate yourself if there's no need to." He got up and gave me a hug.