It's nothing to worry about, Jaxon. No need to get possessive.

"I hate him," Matthew grumbled from the couch. I joined him on the couch. "Why not? He seems cool."

Matthew snorted. "You should've seen how possessive he was of Kimora when they were younger. I was very young but, I still remember him finding a way to pull Kimora away to play with me."

I rested my head in my hand. "Really?"

"Yep. I suggest keeping an eye on him. I'm pretty sure his feelings for her hasn't faded."

"They are childhood friends. I'm not going to get in between that. She'd hate me forever."

"Or she'll forget about you forever."

I got defensive and wanted to say that she wouldn't but, the way her attention went all to Adam. It was like she forgot anyone else was in the room at all. I got up from the couch, heading into the kitchen to see Shantel cooking. She spotted me and waved me over to the stove.

"Smells good, Shantel."

"Thank you. Taste this for me." I grabbed a spoon and tried the stew. "It's good. It just needs more salt."

She nodded. "You came to ask me something?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"I know everything." She smiled and I didn't question it. "Did you know if Adam had deep feelings for Kimora?"

Shantel put her hand on her hip. "Well, of course. They were inseparable with Caleb too. I honestly thought they would've never left each other's side until Adam had moved away. Kimora wouldn't eat for a week and you know how much she loves food."

I laughed at that. "Yeah. I do."

"You're worried, aren't you?"

"A little." I shoved my hands in my pockets. Little is an understatement but, I didn't need to admit that. Shantel obvious could tell from the sympathetic look on her face.

"Aww... mon beau-fils (my son in law), you don't need to worry. Kimora loves you."

"I know... what did you just say in French, by the way?"

She waved her hand dismissively, sprinkling salt into the pot. "You should go and join them if you're so worried."

"Right..."

I headed to Kimora's room and opened the door to see Caleb, Adam, and Kimora all talking but, stopped when they saw me. "Jaxon, come join us."

"No. It's alright. I didn't mean to interrupt." I lied.

Kimora rolled her eyes. "Nonsense. Come sit."

I sat on the floor, wrapping my arms around Kimora, pulling her to sit in between my legs. There was no doubt that Adam's stare was on us. I smirked slightly. "So what are you guys talking about?"

"Old memories we all shared." Caleb chipped in.

"Oh? Any embarrassing stories about Kitten?"

Kimora glared at me but, Adam was already talking. "Well, Kay did a lot of embarrassing things. Like the time when she hardly knew English, she mistakened everyone's name for another."

"I wasn't used to their names yet." Kimora grumbled.

I shook my head. "That explains why you messed up everyone's names now."

"I know too many names. It was overwhelming okay?"

"Aww... Kitten, did we make you upset?"

"I hate you."