Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 2

Well, I was about to make a post saying that I would not upload the second chapter until the first chapter got at least 10 reads. I didn't need to because the reads went up suddenly. 

So here you have it, folks: CHAPTER TWO!
I've introduced a new character, Marcus. (No last name yet) And no, he's nothing like Josh. Josh was a douche.
The pic is of Ashley
The video link is 'Yesterday' by Johnny Diaz

ENJOOOOOOY
Comment, like, vote, promote, do what you gotta do!

CHAPTER TWO

I woke up to the sound of rapid knocking at my front door. I groaned as the sound seemed to be getting louder and louder every time I blinked.

I reluctantly got out of my bed- my extremely warm and comfortable bed- and went to answer the door.

I pulled it open to reveal Ashley breathing quickly with her hand suspended in midair.

"Thank God! I though you were dead." She said rushing inside.

"Why would I be dead?" I scratched my head as I shut the door. "I've been at home all night."

"Your phone's off! Chad told me about Tom." She turned to look at me. "Why didn't you come to me, Kevin?"

"I didn't want to bother you." I shrugged.

"Bother me? Kevin, I'm your best friend. You'd never be able to 'bother' me ." She stepped closer to me.

"I've been through a lot and it seemed like so much to put on you." I shook my head.

"It's in my job description." She hugged me and held me tightly. "I knew what I was signing up for."

"But still, now would be an even worser time with you and Chad and everything else you've got going on." I bit my lip. "Can't it wait?"

"You must be out of your goddamn mind!" She shrieked. "I'm going to warm up that lasagna from two nights ago and you can go fetch a box of tissues."

"Tissues?" I furrowed my brow.

"Yes, you're almost as emotional as a girl on her period." She laughed as she into the kitchen.

"Lasagna as breakfast sounds wrong." I muttered and plopped myself down on the sofa.

"Alright! Let's get down to business." Ashley exclaimed as she came into the lounge.

"I hate you for making me do this." I mumbled.

"That's what you always say." She grinned. "Well? I'm waiting! Start with your story."

I began to tell her what happened seven years ago when Tom and I broke up and how he left with no warning. Ashley gasped where appropriate but remained mostly angry and swore to punch Tom whenever she saw him again.

"And he didn't tell you why?" She asked.

"Not even an excuse." I eyed the now cold food deserted on the coffee table.

"He seemed to want to give you one now. Why don't you hear him out?" I sat back and covered my face with my hands. I almost laughed at how ridiculous it sounded.

"Because I know what will happen." I said softly. "He'll bring up some lame excuse about why he did what he did and my stupid heart will force me to believe him." I laughed again, but this time because I had no other reaction. It was either laugh or cry. "Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about him, about us."