𝕠𝕟𝕖

- A Boxer's Fight -

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

╔══════ °° ══════╗

All about progression...

╚══════ °° ══════╝

- ✾✾✾✾ -

Before the aftermath...

Serenity stood in the mirror hyping herself up. I worked hard and practiced long enough. I know I got this, she thought. And yes, she did work her hardest for the past two weeks. Staying up day and night working on her handling and her upper body strength all by herself. Nobody supported her, not even her mother. It was always her helping and supporting her.

Just her.

"You ready to get your ass beat?" Jaiza, the girl who Serenity was fighting against asked wearing that smirk that Serenity hated so much.

Serenity didn't say a thing. She never let somebodies insulting words get to her. She was always that type of person; always jolly and smiling. She didn't understand why everyone disliked her and made fun of her. She was the nicest person in this school. So, getting that negative vibe of attention confused her.

Serenity folded her trunks to make sure they fit nicely and pulled down her sports bra just a bit. She bent down and tied her shoes. She then wrapped her hands in soft white cloth bandages. After making sure the cloth was wrapped tightly, she grabbed her gloves, towel, and water bottle making her way out of the dressing room.

Walking into the gym, kids and parents turned her way, yelling and laughing at her saying she wasn't good enough to fight Jaiza again. She still didn't let their words get to her. She held her head high and smiled at those who kept doubting her.

"I got this," Serenity said to herself.

Screams began to fill her ears and she then knew that Jaiza had arrived. Serenity turned and watched as she waved, gave hugs, and dapped up a few of the people that cheered her on.

She felt a wave of sadness because she wished that she had the loving support Jaiza had. If her dad was still alive, she knew that he'd be here supporting her and helping her. Because Serenity knew her mother was still mad at her for coming out, she knew her mother wouldn't support her even if she tried.

The calling of the fight alerted Serenity. She put in her mouth guard and drunk a little water. I got this, she thought again before hopping into the ring.

All three rounds later, Serenity was on her last. Barely seeing out of her left eye she still fought on. She knew that she couldn't and wouldn't give up. She had Jaiza first round, tied the second, and Jaiza had her this final round.

In pain, she struggled to take a sip of her water. She ignored the pains that struck her right side and stood back tall, dropping her water bottle. Jaiza had a few bruises but not compared to her bruises.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The round continued and Serenity hopped around but getting close to Jaiza. Serenity swung but missed and Jaiza upped her, knocking her down and out.

"I failed once again," Serenity whined watching Felicity wrap the rest of her stomach.

"You might've lost, but you didn't fail. You might've hit the ground, but you didn't die. Failing is giving up. Are you giving up?" Felicity asked Serenity looking up at her.

Serenity thought about it. It was either giving up and not exceeding her dream or sucking it up and continuing the path to her dream.

"No?" Serenity said more like a question than an answer.

Felicity raised her eyebrows. "Is that a question or an answer?" She asked.

Sitting up Serenity answered her. "No. I'm not giving up. I-I just feel like I'm not strong enough to keep do-"

"That's the thing. Doubt kills more of your success more than failure does. That's why you have to keep that mindset like I have to learn from the loss and take that loss as another step walking because soon I'll be running," Felicity said more like preached.

Serenity looked at her in amazement. Nobody had talked to her like that before. Nobody ever gave her words of encouragement to keep going on when she wanted to give up. Serenity then knew that she'd keep Felicity around.

"I bet you wanted to laugh at me too huh?" Serenity then said testing Felicity for who she really was.

Serenity watched as Felicity walked and sat in front of her. Her greenish-hazel orbs pierced her soul. She knew Felicity was gonna say some powerful shit.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Yeah, I'm laughing at how stupid you sound right now. I wouldn't dare laugh at a person who's beaten up and run through because if I was in that position I wouldn't want someone laughing at my ass for shit. Just because those ignorant ass people in that crowd was laughing doesn't mean I was laughing. I was there rooting you on from the inside," Serenity smiled at Felicity words.

At least she has someone on her team now.

"Really? I really appreciate it. I just think that I could've done better you know?" Serenity said opening up more of the feelings she held during that fight.

"Right now we just gonna have to focus on progression and I promise you you'd beat her and anybody asses for that matter," Felicity chuckled reassuring Serenity.

"We?" Serenity asked raising her eyebrows.

Felicity nodded. "Yeah. From now on and forever consider me as your coach. I'll teach everything you need to know, but I'm probably sure we'd be teaching each other," Felicity answered.

Serenity just looked at Felicity in incredulity disbelief. She finally got somebody to work with her after all these years. It seemed too good to be true. This can't be, Serenity thought. Somebody working with me and to become my coach? God pinch me if this is all a dream, Serenity thought again.

"Thank you," Serenity finally answered.

Felicity nodded and held her hand out in a dap form. "Don't thank me, I got you. There isn't an I in a team you shouldn't be practicing by yourself anyways. Just stay great g," Felicity said.

Serenity dapped her up and smiled. "I will," She answered.

I will, Serenity thought.

- ✾✾✾✾ -