Chapter 07

Jaehyun made sure to mention 'We can't show eachother our signs, okay? We need to fight against our people and tell them that what they're doing is useless and stupid!' While they set off drawing, painting and sketching their artistic skills into the white peices of paper.

'Jaehyun, are you sure you want to go to a pride event, fighting against our religion and my community... and also your phobia, it's bad enough when your near me...' Taeyong asked Jaehyun earlier, but he simply shook his head. 'But, I don't feel that scared now. Aren't you human? If your gay and they're similar to you, I don't see what's so scary... even though if they touch me I might be scared- Also, I need to prove to you I can get over a stupid fear!' When he spoke it made Taeyong smile as he painted with watercolours, Taeyong was a good art student and had painted faint colours of the colour wheel behind his waterproof pen which looked like a colour explosion, the colours tied in beautifully.

Jaehyun tried hide his, he was proud of it though. He rolled it up and stuffed it in his backpack. 'Yours.' He said holding his hand out for Taeyong to place his rolled up sign into the backpack.

It was a bit strange thinking about it, Jaehyun had changed completely overnight. But even though he thought it was because Jaehyun was showing affection to Taeyong before, Taeyong just sighed, Jaehyun was straight, he dated Josie. Why would Jaehyun just like men all of a sudden? He was also so mean to LGBTQ+ people before that if he was one of them then he would hate himself, how could he possibly... hate himself? He's the one who is cares about himself over other's, except he hasn't shown that since, well yesterday after Taeyong got out of detention.

Taeyong shrugged, giving his sign to Jaehyun.

After they did that, they ended up getting Carlos to call them in sick and drive them into the city that was about an hour away. The drive was quiet, Taeyong was listenting to Nakamoto Yuta through his earphones.

Jaehyun could hear the squeeks of the song coming from Taeyong's ears, he rolled his eyes. 'Nikimoto?'

'It's Yuta, NAKAMOTO.' Taeyong stuck his tongue our after and crossed his arms, taking one ear-bud out.

Jaehyun also crossed his arms. 'Yep. Nakamoto, that's what I said.' He put a gummy bear into his mouth and chewed on it in an angsty way.

Taeyong then rolled his eyes, 'Carlos can I please play Yuta's album so Jaehyun can hear~?'

'What, no!' Jaehyun quickly sat upwards. But that was too late because Taeyong was already playing the Japanese Artists' album after Carlos' nod.

'I stay, I stay.' Taeyong mumbled the lyrics.

Jaehyun sneered and covered his ears after beginning to chew on another gummy bear. 'I want to bleach out my ears...' He groaned.

'Well that's too bad!' Taeyong giggled and shoved his phone screen into Jaehyun's face and it was on a newspage. 'Yuta Nakamoto will be performing for the pride rights, he annouced this right after the last controversy between the queer and religious/homophobes came to the news' Jaehyun's eyes widened. 'No way is that cringe worthy guy singing infront of me.' He groaned again.

Taeyong sighed.
'Well he is now.' He turned the music up and smiled. 'It's my favourite song~'

Jaehyun turned, still having his hands over his ears as he peered out the window.

'In time I wonder if you'll be mine,
my pretty boy.

I can't stay here much longer.
When you don't notice my love is here.

Kiss my lips, as if they leave no trace.
Hug me, as if it will fix you.
Change me, as if you know who I am-'

Jaehyun quickly took the phone and turned the music off, the lyrics started to feel too familiar for some reason. He didn't want to hear it as he was scared again. 'What a load of rubbish.' He stuffed more gummy bears into his mouth.