Why Can't I Do Both?!/Not Me!

3rd POV

During practice the basketball team was running some drills while, Mr. Styles shouted orders. "Let's go, guys! Make it sharp! To the chest, come on! Pop it! Come on, guys, Step with it! Let's go! Come on, move it! Let's go! Come on, guys, focus! Focus! Get your head in the game! Move it!" Just then he realized his son wasn't there. He grabbed the ball before one of the team catches it. "Have you seen Harry?"

The player shook his head and looked at his coach. "No...sorry Coach."

Des sighed wondering where Harry was because the game is next week. "Again, let's go!"

What he didn't know is that Harry is practicing with Louis and Demi for the musical. He's also in detention. He's painting a box while Louis sews some costumes. They both mouth the lyrics of their song they're gonna sing and laughing.

Harry's POV

After detention I raced to the locker room to get changed. I ran out right when my dad blew his whistle. "That's it, guys. Let's hit the showers. Good hustle. Let's see that in the game." He said.

Everyone was eyeing me like I did something wrong. What did I do? I went to my dad grabbing a ball. "I, uh,, think I'm gonna stay a while. Work on some free throws." He looked at me with an annoyed look.

"Since you missed practice, I think your team deserves a little effort from you today." He said walking away.

I started shooting hoops, doing lay ups, all the drills my dad told me. Suddenly I hear a voice. "Wow, So this is your real stage." I looked over seeing Louis walking over to me with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, I guess you could call it that. Or just a smelly gym." I passed the ball to him and he shot it to the basket. It went it! "Whoa! Don't tell me you're good at hoops, too." I said to him and he giggled, my god that giggle!

"You know, I once scored 41 points at a league championship game." He said proudly while holding the ball.

"No way." I said unconvinced.

"Mm-hm, And the same day, I invented the space shuttle and microwave popcorn."

"Oh! Microwave popcorn. Ha-ha, Funny." I faked laughed and grabbed the ball from him. We stood there in silence for awhile.

"I've been rehearsing with Demi." He said out of the blue.

"Me, too. And, by the way, I missed practice. So if I get kicked off the team it'll be on your conscience." I was about to shoot but he spoke up.

"Hey, I wasn't the one who told you..." I stopped him.

"Louis, chill." He looks at me then the ball in my hand and smirks. He grabbed the ball pretending he stole it. He was teasing me with it. "Hey, that's traveling." I told him, but he didn't listen, he started to run. "No, that's really bad traveling." We are ran around the gym till I got up behind him, picked him and spun us around while he still has the ball in his hands. We laughed while we spun around.

"Mister! I'm sorry, this is a closed practice." Whoops I forgot my dad is still in the building.

"Dad, practice is over." I told him so he could relax.

"Not till the last player leaves." He looked at Louis then back to me. "Team rule."

Regret was written on Louis face when he heard my dad. "Oh, I'm sorry, sir."

"Dad, this is Louis Tomlinson." I introduced. Louis smiled and stoke out his hand for my dad.

"Ah, your detention buddy." Louis looked shocked and pulled away his hand. He looked at me and I turned to him.

"I'll see you later, Harry." He said handing me the ball and he turned to my father. "Nice meeting you, Coach Styles." He waved at me and ran off.

"You as well, Mister Tomlinson!" My dad shouted back.

"Dad, detention was my fault, not his." I confessed.

"You haven't missed practice in three years. That guy shows up..." he trys to blame Louis for all we've done.

"That guy is named Louis. He's very nice."

"Helping you miss practice doesn't make him very nice. Not in my book. Or your team's." How could he say something like that?!

"Dad, he's not a problem, he's just a guy!" I argued with him.

"But you're not just a normal guy, Harry! You're the team leader. What you do effects not only this team, but the entire school. And without you completely focused, we're not gonna win next week. The championship games they don't come along all the time." Is that all he thinks about?! The championships?! "They're something special."

"Yeah, a lot of things are special, Dad."

"But you're a playmaker... not a singer, right?" Is he for real?!

"Did you ever think maybe I could be both?" I asked.

"What?" He looks at me weird, I dropped the ball and I stormed off.

3rd POV

What Harry didn't know is that the entire team heard the full conversation from Louis to Harry's dad. The next day Harry and Zayn are in the library talking about the musical and the game. Harry is very quite while Zayn is shouting.

"What spell has this elevated, IQ temptress guy cast that suddenly makes you wanna be in musical?"

"Look, I just did it. Who cares?"

"Who cares? How about your most loyal best friend?" Zayn shouted at his best mate.

"Quiet in here, Mr. Malik." The librarian whispered.

"It's him, Miss Falsaff, not me." Zayn put his hands up innocently. "Look, you're a hoops dude, not a musical singer person." Harry wasn't caring so he sat down with the book he needed but Zayn pulled it away from him. "Have you seen Michael Crawford on a cereal box?"

"Who's Michael Crawford?"

"Exactly my point. He was the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Now my mom, she's seen that musical 27 times, and put Michael Crawford's picture in our refrigerator." Hart looked at him weirdly. "Yeah, not on it, in it! So my point is, if you play basketball, you're gonna end up on the cereal box. If you're in musicals, you'll end up in my mom's refrigerator."

"Why in her refrigerator?"

"One of her crazy diet ideas, I won't attempt to understand the female mind. It's foreign territory. How can you expect the rest of us to be focused on a game if you're off somewhere in leotards singing "Twinkle Town"?" Zayn ranted.

"No one said anything about leotards." Harry confessed.

Not yet, my friend, but just you wait." He looked at Harry. "Look, we need you, Captain! Big time!"

"Mr. Malik." The librarian warned again.

"I tried to tell him, Miss Falsaff." He looked down at Harry. "Really tried." And he walked out. Harry was so confused about everything! He doesn't know who to go to, which side to pick, and what to do. He just wants to make everyone happy, but it feels impossible.