Trying Something New?/My Nails Are History

Des' POV

I'm arguing with Miss Flack in the principals office about Harry and Zayn. "If they have to paint sets for detention, they could do it tonight, not during practice!"

"If these were theater performers, would you seek special treatment?" What does that even mean? She confuses me sometimes. Actually change sometimes to all the time.

"Flack, we are days away from our biggest game of the year!"

"And we, Styles, are in the midst of our auditions for our winter musicale as well! This school is about more than just young men in baggy shorts flinging balls for touchdowns!" She doesn't even know the rules in basketball!

"Baskets! They shoot baskets!" She rolled her eyes at me.

"Stop! Guys, listen, you've been having this argument since the day you both started teaching here. We are one school, one student body, one faculty! Can we not agree on that?" The principal spoke as we nodded. "So, Coach, how's the team lookin'? Harry got 'em whipped into shape?" Mrs. Flack left annoyed because we started talking about basketball.

---Later that night---

"West High Knights have knocked us out of the playoffs three years running, and now we are one game away from taking that championship back from 'em! It's time to make our stand. The team is you. You are the team. And this team does not exist unless each and every one of you is fully focused on our goal, Am I clear?" I went to Zayn and nodded at him so he could do the chant.

"Hey, what team?!"

"Wildcats!"

"What team?"

"Wildcats!"

"What team?"

"Wildcats!"

"Wildcats!"

"Get your head in the game!"

Louis' POV

I'm walking with Liam who's the smartest person in this entire school next to me to a tree outside to study. He's talking about the scholastic decathlon and how I should join. "We've never made it past the first round of the scholastic decathlon. You could be our answered prayer." Yea that sounds like fun.

"I'm focusing on my studies this semester,and help my mom get the new house organized. Maybe next year." I hope I don't get to do it next year. We walked in silence for a moment then I finally spoke. "What do you know about Harry Styles?" What? I'm curious.

"Harry? Hmm, I'm not an expert on that particular sub-species, however, unless you speak cheerleader." I look at him strangely then we in front of some cheerleaders. "For example, "Oh, my gosh! Isn't Harry Styles just the hottie super-bum?" I gotta tell you, it was good. "Ha-ha, See what I mean?"

"I don't know how to speak cheerleader." We laughed.

"We exist in an alternate universe to Harry the basketball boy. Have you tried to get to know him? Watch how it works tomorrow when you have lunch with us. Unless you'd rather sit with the cheerleaders and discuss firm nail beds." He joked.

I showed him my nails. "My nail beds are history." He lifted his up we giggled.

"Brother." He said and we keep going to find the tree.

Harry's POV

I'm back home shooting baskets with my dad. He's curious about the detention problem. "Still don't understand this detention thing.'

"It was my fault. Sorry, Dad." I said panting.

"Cross court." He said when I passed him grabbing the ball. "Flack will take any opportunity to bust my chops. That includes yours too." I was about to shoot then stopped.

"Hey, Dad? Did you ever want to try something new, but were afraid of what your friends think?" I just want a honest answer about the musical.

"Like, going left? You're doing fine." He doesn't understand what I'm getting at. That's not new.

"Well... no, I mean, what if you wanna try something really new and it's a total disaster and all your friends laugh at you." Will my friends make fun of me because I just wanna sing in the musical? They shouldn't! I'm the number one basketball jock!

"Maybe they're not your friends. That was my whole point about team today. You gotta look out for each other. You're the leader. There's gonna be college scouts at our game next week. Know what a scholarshipis worth these days?" He does have a point.

"A lot." I joked and he laughed.

"Yeah. Focus, Harry, come on!" He coached. I threw the ball and made it in. Again. "Whoo. Just something for you."

Author's Note: hey guys! miss me? sorry! ok listen I'm bored almost everyday so do you mind leaving some one shot requests in the comments? No smut through sorry! anyway keep smiling! thanks for reading!

Xx- Ali :)