Chapter 8 ~ The Nightmarket

Yuju's POV

Jun slept in my room that night. His cute smile still showed in the night.

The next day, everything was awkward whenever Mingyu and Jeonghan were in the same room. Jeonghan would be silent the entire time and just glare at Mingyu. I sighed. It began the never ending silent treatment.

A week passed and it was time to go on tour for the group. Although Mingyu and Jeonghan weren't on very good terms, the group still had lots of fun — myself included. Mostly because Jiyeon decided to stay in Korea, rather than come with us on tour. We went to various locations during their Ideal Cut tour. From Hong Kong to Japan, Jakarta to Manila, we went everywhere. Finally, we landed in Taipei, Taiwan for the final concert.

The night before the first concert, we all headed to the nightmarket and everyone was having a good time. Even Jeonghan started to smile more around Mingyu.

I walked around the stalls with Jun, hand in hand. We ordered various street foods and of course, the famous bubble brown sugar milk. It was amazing.

"Thanks for these memories Jun," I said, smiling up at him.

"Of course," he smiled.

"Hello, are you Jun of SEVENTEEN?"

We turned around to a girl that appeared to be around twelve years old.

(Dialogue begins in Chinese)

"Yes I am," he said with a smile.

"Who are you?" the girl asked.

"I'm Jeonghan's sister, but Jun is one of my good friends," I said.

"Oh! You're Yoon Yuju?" She asked.

"Yes."

"What's your name?" Jun asked.

"白雪文."

"That's a pretty name," I smiled.

"Thanks. Can I take a picture with you two?"

"Of course!" Jun smiled.

The girl pulled out her phone and we took a selfie.

"Thanks so much! And by the way Jun you're my favorite from SEVENTEEN and I love you!" The girl said while running off.

"Thank you!" Jun replied.

"Wow she's really nice," I observed.

"Yeah. I can't believe I ran into a CARAT here. Well then again, maybe she's going to our concert tomorrow!"

"True!"

My phone buzzed and I took it out. It was from Jeonghan Oppa.

We're going to have a nightmarket game showdown. Loser wears a black Afro wig tomorrow during the concert. Tell Jun. You can play but you don't have to wear the wig:)

I smiled as I read the message and relayed it to Jun.

"Sounds like a challenge!" He smiled.

We ran over to the rest of SEVENTEEN who were next to a dart balloon popping game.

"We'll okay three different games," Seungcheol said. "Biggest loser wears the wig, deal? Well minus Yuju."

We all nodded.

"Okay, let's start!"

There was a grid of sixteen balloons — two columns and eight rows. Seungcheol miraculously popped all of them, which kept him safe instantly. Jeonghan, Jun, and Dino each popped thirteen. Vernon, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Woozi, and I each popped twelve. Dokyeom popped eleven. Seungkwan, Minghao, and Mingyu each popped ten. And lastly Joshua, popped only nine.

"Joshua's the loser for this round!!" Jeonghan cheered.

"Let's move on to the next game," Jisoo said, annoyed.

"Wait," Minghao stopped us. "Seungcheol hyung gets a prize for popping all of them!"

The stall owner handed Seungcheol a HUGE gudetama plushie.

"Awww it's so cute!" Seungcheol squishes the plushie.

"Awww Seungcheol is being so cute! Imma video-tape this," Hoshi smirked.

"Don't you dare Kwon Soonyoung."

"Let's go then, shall we?" Seungkwan said smoothly.

We went to a basketball game. Hoops were scattered on the court. You had to shoot ten basketballs. Highest score wins.

We went in age order, making me second to last, because my birthday was after Vernon, on March 1st. I watched as the boys sank shot after shot. The basketballs looked kind of flat. I grimaced. Basketball was not my strong sport. Give me a volleyball and I'd crush these guys in a second.

We finished the game and sighed. Jun and Mingyu had crushed us all and sank nine out of ten baskets. The '95 line came in second with eight out of ten. Dokyeom, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Minghao, and Vernon each got seven. Seungkwan, Dino, and I each got six. And I guess height kind of affected Woozi in this case. The hoops were quite tall, not gonna lie. Woozi placed last with four out of ten.

Mingyu walked up to Woozi and began re-enacting the CLAP music video and the scene beforehand.

"YAH Kim Mingyu do you really have to do this now?" Woozi said annoyed.

"I have to stretch," Mingyu giggled.

"Shouldn't you have done that before we played?" Woozi questioned.

"Nah."

"Guys!" Wonwoo said, pulling us away from their argument. "Look what Jun and Mingyu won!"

Mingyu walked over to Jun who handed him a huge squishy thing. They turned around and I gasped. It was a GIANT BT21 plushie of COOKY, or Jungkook's character. Jun had gotten CHIMMY, Jimin's character.

"Woah! I can't wait to show this to Jungkook," Mingyu exclaimed.

"No kidding, it's huge," Seungkwan marveled at the sight.

"Hey guys!" Hoshi yelled. "Can we play this for the final round?"

It was an archery stall. We ran over to it. Minghao explained it to us. We each got three arrows. Highest score stayed safe. Lowest score would be in the finale for the wig wearer.

Naturally, as Jun and Vernon excelled at archery in ISAC, they each got 28 points. However, Jeonghan, Wonwoo, and I weren't far behind, with 26 points. Dokyeom, Mingyu, Seungcheol, and Dino scraped by with 23 points. Hoshi, Seungkwan, and Woozi each got 19 points. And lastly, not doing very well in the sport, was Jisoo, with a whopping 10 points.

"We don't need a finale! Jisoo hyung wears the wig!" Mingyu said in a singsong voice.

"I hope you enjoy your fate Jisoo," Jeonghan laughed.

"Haha Jisoo Oppa!" I giggled.

"Ugh," Jisoo grumbled.

"Okay, we should get going now," Jun said, wrapping his arm around me. "We need some rest for tomorrow."

"Agreed," Woozi said.

"Let's head back then!" Vernon said.

(A/N: ok guys just btw they rly did go to the nightmarket but im making up a bunch of details ~ this next part abt the concert is mostly true because i actually went to the taipei ideal cut concert and josh rly did wear the wig lol~ thx for reading if u are so yay)

LOVE YOU ALL!