Chapter 18 ~ Not Completely Gone Wrong

Yuju's POV

I set my phone down and tried not to panic, as Dokyeom was still there.

"What was it Yuju?" he asked.

"It was just a reminder to send my Snapchat streaks," I lied.

"Oh, okay," Dokyeom smiled. "Anyways, I better go to the studio and see if the

performance team is making any progress on the choreography."

"Okay, bye!" I waved, and he walked to the door and I heard it close.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. My lie had thankfully not gotten me into any trouble.

I glanced at the clock. It was already 4:45. I finished cooking the burgers, put them on a plate, and looked at my list of what toppings and condiments to put on the burgers for each person.

"So caramelized onions for Hoshi, cheese on all but Wonwoo, ketchup on — AGH!"

I whipped around to the person who had given me a hug.

"Hi Yuju," Mingyu smiled.

"Hey Mingyu," I replied.

"Do you need any help?" he offered.

"Yeah, a little," I admitted. "Can you help me but the toppings and stuff on each burger? It's kind of confusing for me. Just put the toppings each person wants on a burger, and then when you're done, but the burger in the cardboard box/plate with that person's name on it."

"Okay, sure!" he rolled up his sleeves and began looking at the list.

"Thanks Ming-chef," I smiled.

The next half hour was pretty loud, me and Mingyu talking to each other and making sure that every topping was on the right burger. We had to switch a few things a couple times, like when we put mustard on Woozi's burger when it was supposed to be on Dino's. Finally, all fifteen burgers were completed, and eight of them were packed away to be taken to the Pledis building.

One by one, the members of the performance team and hip-hop team flowed into the kitchen. They each thanked me for the food, with the occasional scold from Mingyu to remind them that he also helped. Each of them rolled their eyes at his comment, and waved goodbye as they scurried off to practice.

"Bye Yuju," Jun quickly came over to me and kissed me. I smiled at him.

"Bye Jun," I gave him a big hug. He smiled back at me and grabbed his burger before he ran out the door behind all the others.

I set the vocal team's burgers, as well as Jiyeon's and I's, out on the dining table with place cards so that they would know whose is whose. Woozi and Seungkwan took theirs with them, Woozi to the studio and Seungkwan to his room, both of them probably finishing writing lyrics. Jeonghan, Jisoo, and Dokyeom laughed and talked out in the dining room, while Jiyeon was looking at her phone the entire time.

I had already finished my burger while waiting for everyone to grab theirs. I finished washing my plate and then quickly walked to my room.

My feet carried me all over my room, and I was contemplating the many outcomes of this situation. What would netizens think? Even so, what would CARATs think? But most importantly, what would the boys think?

I put my face on my hands and groaned. Sitting here wasn't going to solve anything. I decided I should at least listen to the song once, maybe to get a better perspective to if this was real or not.

With my earbuds pressed into my ears and my phone in hand, I tapped on the video icon for "SEVENTEEN comeback song late 2018."

I listened to it carefully, as the song hadn't been recorded yet, so there were supposed to be no lyrics. However, a person could clearly hear that someone was singing along to the music, unless they had no hearing.

I walked over to the studio and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Woozi asked.

"Yuju," I replied.

I unplugged my earbuds from my phone.

"Woozi oppa, what song is this?" I asked.

I played the supposed new comeback song and he listened quietly.

"That's a song I composed a long time ago," Woozi said in thought. "I had made the lyrics and it was all recorded, but I scrapped it and just made it a special single. It was supposed to be the title track for Going, Seventeen. However, I thought I should make things edgier, so we went with BOOM BOOM."

"Oh, but then, how did someone record it?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," Woozi scratched the back of his neck. "But it's fine. If CARATs enjoy the music, then it's okay for it to be heard."

"Okay then. Thanks for telling me oppa," I smiled.

I walked back to my room and opened up my Instagram. Thousands of people had asked if the comeback song was real or not, and I knew EXACTLY how to answer all of them.

Hey guys, I typed onto a black screen Instagram story. As you all may know, SEVENTEEN's supposed new comeback song was leaked today. However, I talked to Woozi, and he said that this song was supposed to be the title track for Going Seventeen, but it was replaced by BOOM BOOM. He said that it's okay for all of you to listen to it, as long as you all like it.

My finger pressed the "add to story" button and it sent me back to my Instagram feed. For no reason, I decided to go live. It couldn't hurt, so why not?

"Hey guys," I smiled as I looked at all of the people watching me at the moment. "I had some time, so I'll be answering any questions you guys have. Please make it in English, Chinese, or Korean so I can understand it though." I laughed.

I translated what I just said into Korean and Chinese and questions popped up. I answered each one of them honestly and I had fun interacting with the CARATs.

"What is it like to be Jeonghan's sister?" I read aloud, laughing. "Well, to all of you, he can be the bright mother and angel of SEVENTEEN. But to me, he can be annoying and really weird. I still love him though. However, it's kind of annoying because people use me to get the autographs or whatever from him, or in some cases, when I'm with him, they used to mistake me as a hidden lover or something. It's kind of weird."

I kept answering the questions until one caught my eye.

"Do you know why all of these problems keep happening to the boys?"

I sighed. I did, but I wasn't ready to spill about the sasaeng to anyone yet. Especially not hundreds of thousands of people.

"No I do not, but I do speculate that it's all from one person or one group, because it doesn't make sense for all of these problems to happen all in such perfect order." I answered, sort of lying but also somewhat telling the truth.

After another ten minutes, I looked at the clock and it was already 7 pm. I waved bye to the people watching me and quickly shut off my phone.

That is, until a message popped up on my phone.

I saw your Instagram story. It read. But don't worry. My next attacks will be harmful or gory.

I froze. Gory? Like blood? Was she going to kill them?

Thoughts whirled around my head like a mental cyclone and I tried to relax and breathe. It was kind of useless. I decided that I should simply just sleep.

(A/N: ok at least the song isn't leaked but i mean the sasaeng is getting really creepy~ sorry if this is getting weird ik im not that good at writing)

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Instagram: