VII

((Quinton))

A couple of weeks had went by and the club was going good, I was making money and life was great. It was a Thursday and Me and Reeco was coolin, we stopped by the mall and grabbed some gear. Nothing was really happening on Thursdays so I closed the club for the night and had my workers deep clean it, and stock up on products for Friday night.

"Man sometimes I be wanting to just take a break and go on a cruise or something." Reeco vibed to the music in my truck.

"Well nigga take you a vacation."

"What's the point of a vacation if you going alone, shit I need me a little shawty." he looked out the window at the people passing by.

"Man that shit do sound live. But look tho this female came to my club a couple weeks ago, shawty bad asf- then I seen her again on Peach street at that Chik Fil A."

"What's her name?" Reeco asked.

"Nataoshia White, she a hairstylist but baby straight up look bougie."

"So did you talk to her?" Reeco looked at me with a dumb look. "You wont know if she bougie if ya ass don't talk to her."

"We chopped it up a bit, she seemed like she was in a hurry and didn't wanna be bothered tho." I parked the car in the Walmart parking lot, I needed to get a couple things for the crib.

"Well maybe she got a man, you know what shop she do hair at?" Reeco asked as we crossed the Walmart intersection.

"Nah but trust and believe a nigga can find out, but iono if I wanna find out."

We walked in Walmart got a basket I started filling it up with all types of shit, some shit I didn't even need. Reeco would sometimes crash at my crib and we'd get some 2k19 games going, smoke and eat up shit(that's what my off days consisted of).

We headed to the isle looking for some steak seasoning I was in the mood to throw some steaks on the pit and chill out by the pool. Just when I turned on the isle my basket bumped another basket, "Damn watch where the fu-" a female yelled. It was her Natoshia fine ass White!

"Hey you." I smiled.

"Oh hey." (sneeze) "Oh my bad."

She sounded stuffy and her eyes were just a little puffy.

"Whoa you good?"

Reeco looked back and forward at us and figured out who she was, "Hey i'm Reeco."

She smiled, "Nice to meet you Reeco, I would shake your hand but yeah i'm probably packing a million germs right now."

"Aww you good it's fine." he smiled at her.

It got silent and Reeco looked at me like hold a convo nigga. "So you working today?"

"Oh nah i'm confined to my house trying to get this cold under control, but it's hard to stay inside." she looked away.

Something was bothering her other than her cold, "I'm sure you can stay away from your shop for a couple days- you don't want to get your clients sick. Bad for business."

Reeco had walked further down the isle looking for the steak seasoning, but I knew he was giving us time to talk. I could see that crazy fool behind Natoshia giving me the thumbs up like HELL YEAH SHE A BADDIE.

"Not trying to sound rude but i'm not worried about my clients..."

Damn she cold hearted and all about her paper, "Oh okay-"

"It's my mom she's dieing of lung cancer so i'm not allowed to visit her till I get well." she fake smiled.

I didn't know what to say at that moment, I didn't even know the girl like that but I wanted to wrap her  in my arms and hold her because i'm sure she needed to know someone cared. I didn't know if she was an only child or if her father was in the picture but she seemed like she was hurting- shit I'd be hurting if my mom was dying of lung cancer. "Damn i'm sorry."

She waved me off, "Thank you, it's just hard to talk about." she glanced in my basket, "Party?" she pointed.

I laughed, "You can say that. Nah i'm off today so me and the homie gone grill some steaks, play some NBA 2k19, you know shit niggas do."

She smiled shyly, "Right...Well it was nice seeing, well bumping into you."

"You too Ms. White." I surprised her by remembering her last name.

She waved and walked down the isle. I watched her walk away wearing some maroon tights and a white Victoria Secret pullover, her hair was naturally wavy black - sick or not baby girl was fine.I watched her disappear off the isle and walked down towards Reeco pretending to search for seasoning.

"Man that was her?" Reeco asked.

"Yes my nigga." I play punched his shoulder. "Did you see that thang? Baby girl ass on swole."

"Facts. You get her number?"

"Nah man she going through some tough shit." I looked down.

"Wassup?" Reeco looked..

"Her momma dying of cancer I can't ask the girl for her number, i'm sure she got a lot of things to deal with."

We got the rest of the things we needed and headed to self check out, Natoshia was checking out her things too. I wanted to ask her for her number, but I didn't want to seem like a ass. Fuck it here goes nothing.

I walked towards her as she was scanning her things, "Natoshia."

She turned towards me, "Yeah."

"Look I don't know what your answer would be but I think you're a very attractive woman- I know you got a lot going with your shop and mom but i'd love to take you to dinner. Right now might not be the perfect time but I had to come try."

She cleared her throat. "Yeah it is a bad time, honestly I don't have time for anything else other than my shop and my mother. (sneeze) i'm sorry."

On the inside I cursed, "It's cool I understand, you should let me help you with that sneeze though."

Laughter came from her voluptuous lips, "Help my sneeze? How?"

"I make a mean chicken noodle soup."

"I really don't need to be giving you or anyone else my germs-" she spoke.

"I'll take the risk."

She stopped in her tracks and smiled. "You'd cancel your boys fun 2k day for chicken noodle soup?"

"Only if you bring a friend for my homie." I winked at her. She hesitated and made a weird facial expression. "I promise it'll be worth it and I wont have you out all night- matter of fact let me come and cook at your place that way you wont have to get out and you can kick us out when you ready for us to leave."

She laughed and it was the most alluring sound I've ever heard. I could tell she was thinking, "What time?" 

I looked at my watch it was 4:30, "Six a good time for you?"

"Yeah that's fine." she took out a pen and a small piece of paper and wrote her address on it. "Here's my address."

"Aight bet see you at six, and call your homegirl."

I walked back towards Reeco with my playa look on my face, "Come on we gotta go find chicken noodle soup ingredients."

"What?" Reeco looked confused.

"You'll thank me later, she got a friend."

Reeco gave me dap, "My boy."

##Keep reading..

##Whose your favorite character?