Trying

The wait seemed to be endless as Skaikru was trying their best to find a solution

The wait seemed to be endless as Skaikru was trying their best to find a solution. In Polis, Nia was working another mission.

Nia had just entered the embassy after her venture out. She pulled her hood off along with her face mask and began to unburden herself from her weapons.

"Glad to see you back." Tate announces his presence as she moved around the room. "You've been out many times since Skikru's  leave and each time I send someone after you, they lose you."

"That's because I don't need a babysitter to follow me. I've been taking care of myself for a long time." Nia retorted back. She had noticed the shadow following her around but in order for her to complete her task she needed to be alone.

"Whatever you're plan might have a better chance with more people helping." Tate offered knowing that her time out was bound to conjure something.

"More people means more risk. It's better this way then no one gets hurt." Nia responded back. She wouldn't allow other people to take the fall if anything went wrong with their plan.

"No one except you right." From their short time together, Tate was able to observe many things. One being she never liked putting others in danger especially if she could be the one to take it. "But you're not just risking your life but your child's as well."

Nia halted her movements at his statement. Not once had she openly commented on her state or discuss the fact further with anyone besides the girls and Indra. But even then it wasn't a long topic to linger on. She insisted she was okay and left the matter at that. 

"How-" She began to ask.

"The girls can never seem to shut up about you. Jade let it slip but don't hold it against her. They both care very much for you. You don't need to worry about me telling your secret as well." Tate informed hoping to calm her nerves.

"There's not a secret to keep, at least not anymore." Nia finally revealed after a moment went by. She didn't want to speak about it but if she had too she might as well tell someone who seemed to be keeping a close eye on her well-being. She could have this talk with the others until it was the right time. "When I took the chip, I rebelled against the City of Light, that did not sit well with ALIE. She thought by me seeing all the ghosts haunting me that I would submit and help her bring more of us in. There were only a couple things that kept me fighting. I knew the risk I was taking in resisting but I had to do it and I've paid my price."

She hated the harsh reality of it all but there was nothing she could do now. Now they were facing the destruction of their entire race and she needed to ensure the safety of her people but more importantly, the safety of her girls. It was what she was fighting so hard for.

Tate went to speak out and hope to offer some comfort but before he could a guard entered bring attention to him. "I'm sorry to intrude but Nia, your presence is requested."