A Short-Lived Victory

ALIE was losing her grasp on the matter at hand despite taking out the nightblood she had in her possession but the group was rather persistent

ALIE was losing her grasp on the matter at hand despite taking out the nightblood she had in her possession but the group was rather persistent. This lead to her sending many of her chipped followers to the top of the tower. But someone above was trying to get below.

Fox searched the floors quickly only to come up empty handed. She moved with the shadows so not get to get seen but as each second went by that she didn't find them the more she was questioning what might've happen to them.

It wasn't till the she reached the middle level. It would be the last level she would be able to reach without encountering any of the climbers. She turned down halls and peered around corners letting out a breath as the whole level seemed to be cleared. Just as hope seem to vanish inside her the final room came into view and she entered.

A sword cut in front of her missing her by inches but the blade itself was similar in all appearance. The sword pulled away just as the girl came into view in a fighting stance ready to attack any intruder.

"Jade." She called out grasping the girl's attention.

"Fox." Jade spoke as she noticed her standing in front of her. She lowered her sword before stepping forward and gathering her in a hug. She was relieved to see her there with them. She wouldn't have to defend Nia alone.

"Jade, where's Nia?" Fox asked once they pulled away from one another. She hoped that Jade had found her.

"Come on." Jade simply said before closing the door and bringing her around the room. She opened another door and was lucky it made no sound.

Inside the closet sat Nia with the blindfold still secured around her eyes. Fox was shocked by the sight in front of her and her hand went to remove the blindfold from her eyes.

"No." Jade was quick to grab ahold of her arm to prevent any further movement.

"Jade, we have a better chance at fighting if we have her by our side." Fox tried to reason going to the blindfold again.

"You can't." Jade spoke again pulling back from Nia. "If you remove it then ALIE knows exactly where to find us."

Fox's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to figure out how that might've happened. An idea popped into her mind but it couldn't be. Nia wouldn't do that and she was sure of it until Nia spoke up from her spot.

"It's true. I'm sorry." Nia offered but knew that it wouldn't be enough for her to understand. "I know about Lincoln and it was too much for me to know."

The girls shared a glance and both knowing the meaning. They hadn't wanted Nia to find out about Lincoln until after they had dealt with ALIE. But both understood her standings nonetheless and now that the damage was done, there was nothing more they could do but wait till the others were finished with ALIE. All they could simply do was defend this room from anyone else entering. They were the ones to protect Nia from enemies.