Decisions, Decisions

Later that night, the group began to make their way toward the main gates

Later that night, the group began to make their way toward the main gates. Every single one of them armed and on a mission.

They were stopped short when they noticed a couple of people blocking the gate in front of them. Monroe and Harper stood on the opposite sides of Lincoln and Alec. Both men had a menacing look and seemed ready for a fight. Bellamy wondered how exactly they knew about what they were planning to do. But regardless Bellamy walked forward causing the others to meet him in the middle.

"You need to step aside, right now." He instructed glancing at them all.

"What are the guns for?" Harper was the one that questioned seeing how the males were all staring each other down.

"There's an army out there. We need to hit them before they hit us." Bellamy explained briefly hoping they'd step aside.

"That army was sent to protect us." Lincoln protested.

"Do we have a problem?" A guy from behind stepped up.

"No." Bellamy answered back quickly before speaking to the opposes in front of them. "I've always done what is best for us. I need you to trust that I am doing that now."

With his statement the two girls turned and left Lincoln and Alec alone. The only two forces that stood between them and their mission.

"You, too, Lincoln. Alec." Pike spoke up from behind. "You wanna prove you're one of us, let us pass." He tried to persuade the two.

"We're not moving." Lincoln spoke for the two while Alec took a firmer stance.

But that wasn't the answer that they liked as two raised their guns to them. "Get outta the way, Grounders." The guy who hit Lincoln hissed while the one who hit Nia took a step forward.

With quick movements the two warriors grabbed the guns and pulled them forward. Lincoln pulled his guy into a chokehold with a knife to his throat. While Alec knocked the other guy out. Alec wanted to do so much more to the man who hurt Nia but now wasn't the time for that.

"Guns down. Guns down." Pike ordered once the others.

"So much for good grounders." Hannah commented from her spot glancing at the two.

"Quiet, Hannah." Pike told her not wanting the situation to escalate further. "Whose people are you defending here, Lincoln? Huh? Who are you doing this for Alec?"

"Lincoln put the knife down. No one has to get hurt here." Bellamy tried to deescalate the situation.

"I can't let you start a war." Lincoln reasoned.

"We're already at war. You can't stop this." Pike countered.

Suddenly the PA system sounded calling all the guards to the gate. That's when Pike knew he was out of time to get them out. With most of them glancing around Alec thought that'd be the time for him to speak to Bellamy.