The Outsider War: Kat and Mack's Return

Chapter 1

Mack's POV.

What is war? Is it when two countries pull out their bombs and guns in a nasty battle? Or is it simply when two groups of people disagree to the point of almost hating each other? My sister, Kat, and I had to figure this out for ourselves when we made our return to Tulsa, Oklahoma.

See two years ago, my family had made a return to Oklahoma. We reunited with some old friends and stayed in Tulsa for a little while. Things were great and we loved it there. We had our fun with relationships, breakups, and sadly goodbyes. It turned out we had to move to Austin, Texas. But, now we're making our return.

We had to move back because my father got a job. We were a poor family, but because of my father's success, we are very wealthy now. Ever since we became wealthy, my sister and I promised ourselves that once Kat became a senior we would go back to Oklahoma the summer before.

So, here we are, Kat eighteen, and I seventeen, getting in the car to leave. We were both very excited about our trip, but I was a little cautious. What if our friends were different? What if things had changed?

Oh, that's right our friends! See, we had seven guy friends that we had been pals with since grade school. Ponyboy, was the youngest, sixteen now. His brother, Darry, was the oldest being 22 now. His other brother, Sodapop, was 18, just like Kat, as well as Johnny. Steve and Dallas were 19 now. Lastly, Two-Bit was 20 now.

Anyways, after two years, I knew things MUST have changed. Kat kept reassuring me though, telling me that they still would love us and they would be totally the same. After a while, I started to believe her. Maybe things hadn't changed, and maybe everything would be just fine. Boy, was I wrong.