Chapter 5

Kira's mom and Melissa leave the room soon after to watch for the benefactor outside leaving Kira, Lacey, Stiles, and myself to go through with the rest of the plan. We go into an empty hospital room and set the computers up then Mr. Argent calls.

"I'm here. You ready?" He asks. "Try it now."

Stiles presses a button on one of the computers and they all turn on. Each screen is broken up into four sections. We've hacked into the camera feed in the hospital so we could watch for the benefactor.

**
~Scott~
I gasp and look around wildly. I put my hands up on the top of the container, then to the sides. I'm inside the morgue. I'm alive. I breath out and lean back to look look behind me. It goes back further than I thought. Maybe this is the way out? I start to crawl forwards. All of a sudden I'm crashing out of a locker and onto the floor of the school. The school? Why am I here?

I stand up and walk a few steps forwards. The lights are flickering on and off.

"Catch." Someone says.

I turn my head and put my hand out, catching the ball. I look down at it then look up. Liam.

"That's why your team captain." He smirks. He's suited up head to toe in his lacrosse gear, then he runs into a classroom. I quickly follow him, dropping the ball while I'm at it.

When I walk in all I see is a computer on the front desk. It's like I'm drawn to it. Once I'm in front of it I see a code appear up on the screen and underneath it asks for a keyword. I bring my hands up to the keyboard and type in the letters

S-C-O-T-T, enter.

It decodes, and the words come up. The Mute, The Orphans, The Chemist.

"I can't do that. I can't kill them." I say.

"Someone has to." I snap my head around and see that Liam is back.

"Why me?" I ask.

"Because your the Alpha."

"I'm not a murder."

"But you are a predator." He says.

"No. We're predators, but we don't have to- we don't have to-" I can't say it.

"We don't have to kill?" Liam asks.

Suddenly Lacey is in front of me, chained to a chair.

"Liam let me go." She growls.

"Liam?" I ask. I try to step forward, but I can't move.

He's holding an axe walking closer to Lacey.

"We are predators. We are predators." He repeats.

"Liam stop!" I yell.

"We kill because we are predators." He says stopping in front of Lacey.

"Liam!" She screams.

I turn my face away and slam the computer shut, not ready to see whats coming next. I hear the axe collide with Lacey's body and I finally build up enough courage to turn around, but Lacey's gone, and the axe wasn't in her, it was in Liam.

The Mute was standing over him, pulling the axe out of his back. Liam groans and reaches out at me.

"Scott, Scott please." He begs, but I still can't move.

The Mute turns to look at me and puts is finger up to where his mouth would be. He swings the axe up, and brings it back down onto Liam.

**