My Ultimate Form (Chapter 24)

My deepest secret

Chapter 24

My ultimate form

The next morning I woke up due to the noise of all kind of voices around me. I couldn't really place the voices at first, because I still was half asleep and my eyes were still closed. But suddenly I recognized a very familiar, girlish voice, it was none other than Jakotsu! That's when I remembered that I had fallen asleep in the room of the Band of Seven yesterday. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up, rubbing my eyes. "Ah, look who's awake, ohayou." Jakotsu said and smiled at me. Once my vision cleared I looked around me and noticed that everyone was already awake. Yes they were awake, but still wounded. Mukotsu, Ginkotsu and Kyokotsu still lay down upon their backs. The others sat up straight, but from time to time you could see a sour expression upon their faces."Ohayou." I said smiling as I looked at them, wounded but alive. "Hikari, can I ask you something?" Suikotsu asked and looked at me. I nod and looked at him. "Of course." I replied smiling. "Why did you sleep with us in our room, instead of your own room?" Suikotsu asked, while some of the others muttered or nod in agreement. "Well, you see..., because I-I..., well..." I stuttered avoiding to look at any of them, mostly staring at the ground or at the ceiling, as a small blush appeared upon my cheeks. "Well, because you?" Bankotsu asked smirking. He probably noticed my blush even though it was small. "Because I was worried about you guys okay!" I replied nearly yelling, with my eyes closed, as my cheeks turned red. "You guys were so badly wounded yesterday that I was worried." I whispered, just loud enough for them to hear me and tried to look at them, even though I felt embarrassed. "I didn't know our Hikari had developed feelings for the Band of Seven?" Renkotsu said smirking, trying to embarrass me even more. "Yes and is something wrong with that?!" I yelled slightly angry, red like a tomato. "Hikari... you know your face is red like a tomato, right?" Mukotsu asked and smiled, as everyone started laughing except for me. I just looked embarrassed at them. "Mou cut it out already, it isn't funny." I said and pouted. But they didn't stop, on the contrary, my reactions made them laugh even more. I just stared at the ground, still pouting. "Ah cheer up Hikari we are just teasing you." Jakotsu said still laughing. "I know, I know Jakotsu." I said smiling softly, as I looked at him. "I am glad you guys are still alive." I whispered and stood up.

I grabbed my futon and walked towards the door. "Hey were are you going?" Kyokotsu asked and looked at me with his good, and not stabbed eye. "I'm going to put my stuff back in my room, but don't worry I'll come back okay." I said and smiled brightly. "That's our Hikari." Jakotsu said as his girly self, all happy. "Wait!" Bankotsu interrupted as I opened the door. I looked over my shoulder at the leader of the Band of Seven. "Hai?" I asked, not getting why he told me to wait. "Why are you leaving?" He asked and looked at me. "Well, like I just said, to put my stuff back in my room." I repeated my answer I just gave to Kyokotsu. "No I mean, why are you putting it back?" He reconstructed his question. I just looked at him with a confused face. "What Big Brother is trying to say, why don't you stay here with us." Suikotsu enlighted me. This question took me by surprise, but it made me very happy. "Wouldn't you guys mind it?" I asked and looked at each one of them. "No, we slept with you outside as well, I don't see the difference." Mukotsu said smirking. "Yeah must be lonely all in your own room." Ginkotsu added, and I looked at Bankotsu for his answer. He looked back at me, but suddenly turned his gaze to the wall. "Just stay already." He said sighing and I smiled. "If you say so, I will Bankotsu-sama." I replied happily and put my stuff back.

Suddenly my stomach rumbled, it was time for breakfast after all. "Hey, guys, as a 'thank you' I will go and get some breakfast for you all, so you can stay in your bed." I said smiling as most of them nod with soft smile. "Okay, I'll be right back." I said and left their room. "Maybe I should get my clothes from my room as well." I thought with a smile, when I suddenly noticed Takumi walking towards me. "Ah, ohayou Takumi." I said and smiled friendly. "Ohayou." He answered without looking at my face, sounding a bit sad. He was definitely sad about something. "What's the matter Takumi, you seem a bit down?" I asked worried, because I hadn't seen him like this before. Not that I knew him that well, but it just felt weird.