Yuki-chan her birthday (Chapter 3)

My deepest secret

Chapter 3

Yuki-chan her birthday

The new school year at my new school started great. The teachers are great, my class is very friendly and I am having a lot of fun. It was already the Golden Week, which means a week free from school! It went by in the blink of an eye! Yes I do love school but vacation is always better. I have made some new friends in my class, like Amemiya Ayama, Mizuki Hirai and of course my best friend Ashita Yuki. Yuki and I nearly do everything together, we do our homework, play games, have sleepovers, everything! Yesterday was Yuki her birthday where she turned 10 years old! I am stil nine, but my birthday wil be next month too, the 30th of June. Today we are the 14th of Mei, a Saterday. But even though I don't have school I am pretty busy. Today is Yuki-chan her birthday party. She had given me an invitation for her birthday party about a week ago, so this afternoon I'll go overtowards her house, together with some other classmates, to celebrate her birthday. We're having a sleepover at her place tonight, together with some other friends from our class. I just finished my lunch and started watching TV.

"Mom, what time is it?" I asked, curious and turned around to face her. I wanted to go towards her birthday as soon as possible. "It's just 1 o'clock. You have to wait more patiently Hikari, you really won't be too late." She replied with a soft smile as she walking into the living room. "I know, I know, but I just can't wait anymore. It will be my first birthday party ever, or at least one I'll remember." I said and smiled at my mother. Yes my first one I'll remember ever. Like I already said once, I didn't have friends back at my school in Sendai. To be more precisely, I used to be bullied a lot at my old school, for liking different things that the populair girls and guys from my class. I got never invited to one of their birthdays, cause well I didn't have any friends. Only in my first and second grade of elementary school I used to go towards birthday parties, but I don't really remember them. I was too young to remember. That's why today is extra special for me. "I know dear, don't worry time will go fast enough." My mother said gentle and patted my head. I sighed but smiled at her. "Hai, I know." I said and stood up. "I'll go to my room and play some guitar." I said smiling and walked up stairs. "Have fun!" I heard my mother yell as I closed the door of my room.

I started playing all kind of songs from my favourite series and bands too. I love music and playing guitar, it is my life, really. Once I start playing I just can't stop anymore and I just keep playing song after song. Some of them don't sound that great just yet, but I am only ten, I'll keep learning and who knows, maybe one day in the future I can play them easily. Which will probably happen if I keep practicing like I do now. A few hours later I looked at my clock and saw it was finally time to go towards Yuki her party. I put my guitar back and searched through my closet to find my kimono. She had asked us to wear a kimono for her birthday. Don't ask me why, but it makes me extra nervous. I don't like it to wear a kimono, last time I did people laughed at me, telling me mine wasn't beautiful or that it didn't suit me... Yes, people just bullied me about it, and that's when I started hating it to wear a kimono. But today was different, so I wanted to give it a shot!

I grabbed my short, black, blueish kimono from my closet and put it on. I have a short and a long kimono, but due to the weather I decided to go with the short one. Besides, this one is also easier to move around in. I grabbed my long, black knees socks, which reached till just underneath my kimono. I put some cute, blue rose into my hair and looked at myself in the mirror. "Yosh." I said smiling once I was done and walked back downstairs. "Ah you look so cute Hikari." My mother said smiling brightly once I walked into the kitchen. "Arigatou." I replied with a soft smile as I grabbed my present which I bought for her and my bag with my sleepover stuff. "Alright then, I'll go now mom, ittekimasu (I'm off)." I said and opened the front door, after I put on my shoes. "Itterasshai (Have a nice trip)." My mom answered as she waved me goodbye. I closed the door behind me and left on my way towards Yuki her house, which wasn't that far from mine luckily. I decided to walk, cause cycling in this kimono wasn't the best idea. I once tried doing that a long time ago, and let me say it like this: I broke my arm... Bad memories...