Chapter Two/Elijah's P.O.V

Once Britney left out, Elijah began getting dressed when he got a call from his eight year old daughter's mother Nova.

'' Hey Eli, tomorrow I need you to pick Ellie up from school, I have to work a double so I won't be able to grab her ''
Nova stated.

'' Aight I'll go grab her and she can just stay the night here and I'll drop her off to school in the morning, so make sure you send a overnight bag with her ''
Elijah replied.

Nova agreed that, that was fine and she'd have the overnight bag packed , Nova and Elijah co-parented very well.

They started dating in high school, their 12th grade year and then about two years after graduating and had a great relationship, it was just the distance between colleges.

They tried working through it but came to the conclusion that it was too much and called it quits and soon after, Nova found out that she was pregnant.

They both finished school and Elijah vowed that he would always be there and be the best father he could to his child.

After hanging up with her he grabbed his wallet and keys off the table and headed out the door, he was on his way to his restaurant called
'' Elijah's Colby Steakhouse ''
which was one out of only Nine restaurants in America who actually sells real Colby beef.

He had another called Eli's Bar and Grill, both restaurants are doing well better than he thought and he's expecting to open a third one in a few months. 31 yr old Elijah Roberts, had a masters degree in Business management and a bachelors degree in Accounting, so he pretty much had his plans and life under control.

His child's mother has her shit together, she works as a 911 communications caller doesn't stress him out or give him problems about seeing his daughter and with all the money he's bringing in, she doesn't have him on child support so life was pretty good for Elijah right now.

''Good afternoon Mr Roberts, you have a few people who called and left messages for you, here's the paper with all their names, messages and call back numbers ''
Isabella Ruiz his assistant stated as she sat the paper down on his desk in front of him.

'' You also have two people coming in for interviews this evening for the host/hostess job you had me post on Indeed.com ''.

'' Thanks Isabella, appreciate it, can you grab me a coffee from the lounge, two creamers and 4 sugars please''
he responded.

'' Yes sir ''
Isabella answered as she quickly went to grab Elijah's coffee.

Elijah began to think about how Britney would probably be getting off late and decided to go home early to get dinner started and have Isabella conduct the interviews this evening.

After finish up some paper work Elijah let Isabella know what he needed her to do and that she would be very well compensated for staying later that what she was supposed to and than he made his way to one of his homeboy Benny's place.

'' What's good my nigga''
Benny greeted Elijah with a handshake,

'' Ain't shit bro, fuck you been up too? ''
Elijah replied as he took a seat on the couch.

Benny was one of Elijah's closest friends from his child hood, they been tight every since he could remember.

'' Shit not much nigga, just getting this bag and fucking these bitches''
Benny replied laughing.

'' Daddyyy, come back in here '' a female voice called out from the back.

'' Oh nigga you dead ass huh'' Elijah replied with a smirk shaking his head.

'' Girl WAIT , yo ass can't handle me anyway so I don't know why you rushing me''
Benny responded.

'' My bad bro. I ain't know you had company, I'ma just come holla at you tomorrow''
Elijah said standing up,

'' You good brody, bitch can wait''
Benny said with a chuckle ,

'' but I feel you cuz, I'll be home cooling tomorrow''. They shook hands and Elijah made his way home to make dinner for his queen.