Train Ride

Draco and I sat on the Hogwarts Express across from Blaise and Pansy. She looked at me intensely as Draco had his arm wrapped around my shoulder. Draco stood up to go get some snacks out of his bag. I looked across from me to see Pansy still glaring at me. Poor Blaise sat there not noticing the tension between us two.

"Something bothering you, Pansy Dear?" I asked innocently, with a tiny smirk.

"Why you little-"

Pansy was cut off by as the entire cart becoming dark with black powder clouding our eyes. I began to cough and swipe it away from my face. As the smoke cleared I could see Draco looking around the cart suspiciously.

"What was that! Blaise!" Draco hissed.

"Don't know." Blaise shrugged.

"Relax boys, it's probably just a first-year messing around. Come on Draco, sit down. We'll be at Hogwarts soon." Pansy replied causing me to glare at her. Draco looked around real quick before making his way back to our seat and wrapping his arm around me like he had done so before.

"Hogwarts, what a pathetic excuse for a school. I think I'd pitch myself off the astronomy tower if I'd have to continue for another two years." Draco spat in disgust as I scooted closer to him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Pansy asked scarcely.

"Let' just say I don't think you'll see us wasting our time with Charms class next year." Draco replied gesturing to me. I looked at Blaise as he began to laugh.

"Amused, Blaise?" I asked tilting my head to the side lightly.

"We'll see just who's laughing in the end." Draco spat.

As the train moved I grew tired and dropped my head on Draco's shoulder. I fell asleep throughout the train ride. When I woke up, Draco was shaking me gently. I looked across to see Pansy was gone along with the rest of the Slytherin students who were in our cart.

"Go wait outside the train, I'll be there in a minute. Don't worry about your stuff, I'll get it." Draco smiled gently at me. I nodded my head and waited as he moved out of the seat before offering me his hand. I gladly accepted it as he helped me out. My head was groggy and I was still tired. I walked off the train and sat on the side of a wagon as Professor Flitwick approached me with a list of students.

"Name." He smiled up at me.

"Guess." Smirked looking down at the little goblin.

"Miss Lee, I will not take that tone. And do you know where Mr. Malfoy is?" He asked.

"Train." I pointed as I watched him walk down the steps of the train. He looked angry as he made his way towards me. He carried both of our belongings with him.

"There you are, Mr. Malfoy. I was growing worried." Professor Flitwick laughed as Draco just walked by him and didn't say a word. I looked to the side as Aurors watched our every move and ducked my head in fear. I heard rumors they could smell the Dark Mark on you. I knew it was probably fake, but I wasn't taking the risk. I looked up as Draco pulled me closer to him, sensing my fear. I watched as Draco handed our belongings to Filch to allow him to look through our bags. Incase we had any weapons.

"What's this cane here for?" He asked Draco suspiciously.

"It's not a cane, you cretin. It's a walking stick." Draco hissed back, snatching it back from the man.

"And what exactly would you be wanting with a cane. Could be construed as an offensive weapon." Filched replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Watch your eyeballs, girl. Before you lose them." He hissed at me.

"It's alright, Mr. Filch. I can vouch for Mr. Malfoy and Miss Lee." The familiar voice of Snape sighed from behind us. I spun around to see him glaring at me. Draco ripped his stick from Filche's hands.

"Nice face, Potter." Draco smirked causing me to look in the direction he was facing. I looked over to see Luna with a bleeding Harry. Draco snatched my hand and walked the two of us away towards the carriage. I could feel Snape following from behind us.

"Did you do that?" I laughed gesturing to Harry's face.

"Yes." Was his short reply.

Draco had his arm wrapped around me as we walked into the Great Hall. Students sat staring at us. I guess word had gotten out that we were 'dating.' The younger students looked at us with fear as the older students whispered to themselves. I saw a few Slytherin boys wink at Draco. He clearly gave them little attention because he just walked us to the table where Goyle and Crabbe sat.

"Where have you two been?" Goyle asked dumbly. We didn't have to answer his question because Harry walked in with blood on his robes. Goyle and Crabbe looked back at Harry then shrugged. I looked up to the front of the room to see Dumbledore standing in front of his owl podium.

"Very best of evenings to you all. First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff. Horace Slughorn." Dumbledore introduced as everyone began to applaud an older man who stood up and waved.

"Professor Slughorn, I am happy to say has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape." Dumbledore smiled. I bet he was happy, he had his eyes set on that class since he first started teaching. Everyone at my table began to cheer, except Draco. I looked at him as he had his head in his hands, deep in thought. I grabbed his hand, gaining his attention. He looked up at me as I offered a gentle smile. I knew the stress he had on him was enormous. Draco knew the full extent of his mission, as for me. I was just told mine would come later. I had no idea what this meant, this caused my nerves to always be on edge.

"Now, as you know. Each and everyone of you were searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once there was a young man, who like you sat in this very Hall. Walked this castle's corridors, slept under its roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name? Tom Riddle." Dumbledore explained with more dark and mysterious tone. Children around the hall murmured to their friends.

"Wow, what a boring name." Pansy scuffed.

"Watch your mouth." I hissed, I wasn't standing up for the Dark Lord in anyway. But I didn't want him to get word of her disrespect. She looked up me with a look of fear and resentment, then turned back to Dumbledore. I could feel Draco watching me out of the corner of his eye.

"Today of course, he is known all over the world by another name. Which is why I stand looking upon you all tonight. I'm reminding of a sobering fact, everyday, every hour, this very minute, perhaps. Dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end their greatest weapon is you. Just something to think about." Dumbledore continued in his depressing tone. Draco still remained in a statue like form as he gazed off at his hand.

"Now, off the bed! Pip-pip." Dumbledore smiled changing his tone completely.

"Come on, Draco." I ushered grabbing his arm and leading him towards the Slytherin common room in the dungeons.