The Talk

11 years later
The sound of someone talking to me and shaking me repeatedly is what caused me to open my eyes. All I saw was black, I sighed and blew my curly black hair out of my face. I looked around my plain room with its cream walls. I suddenly looked down off of the bed to see no other then my favorite little worker of the house.

"Yes, Dobby?" I asked sighing laying my head back down on my pillow. I was tired, I had no idea why he had woken me up at such an early time.

"Masters wish to see Ms. Lestrange." Dobby replied looking down to the ground. The elves had been taught to not make eye contact with their 'masters' I always thought the way these creatures were treated were unjust. I would sneak Dobby food here and there and new clothes. I couldn't do much without getting caught. I pitied the poor creatures no one deserved to be treated with such disrespect.

"What do they want?" I mumbled shoving my face into the pillow.

"Master said something about a school?" Dobby questioned with curiosity. without evening fully processing what he had just said I  jumped out of bed and ran out of my room towards the main dining room where I knew they would be eating. I skipped two steps at a time down the main stairway. I stumbled throughout my whole way, tripping over my own two feet. Finally I entered the dinning room where the man who had basically raised me since birth sat. He may have be emotionless, but I was grateful for everything they had done for me.

"You're late. And you look like a mess." Was his short greeting. I rushed my way to the table and sat across from him. Dobby appeared with a cup of tea and sat it in front of me.

"Yes, I'm sorry Lucius. I was up late it won't happen again." I apologized looking down at the cup of tea.

"It better not. Now to what I was preparing to discuss with you. You have reached the age where you're able to attend school. You and Draco are going to the school where I as well as your parents went. Hogwarts." Lucius explained with no hint of a smile on his face. School? Was I ready to leave the Malfoy house and live in a school. I had never really practiced magic. I knew a few spells, but that was it. I had never done anything tricky. Maybe school was the best choice for me.

"You and Draco will leave for Hogwarts in the morning." Lucius added. It didn't really phase me that I would be going with Draco. We were great friends, yes we would fight sometimes. But we lived in the same house all our lives of course we would disagree about certain things. I just hoped he didn't ruin this for me.

"Why isn't my stuff packed yet!" A voice yelled from the hall. I knew exactly who it was. I rolled my eyes waiting for his appearance. The shinny platinum hair is always the first thing I look at when he enters a room.

"Elf!" Draco shouted as he marched his way over towards his fathers direction. He dropped down in the chair besides Lucius and pouted.

"Where's my breakfast?" He yelled into the House. Silence filled the room, which scared me the most in this house.

"Dobby!" Lucius called into the house. After a few seconds the elf appeared standing to the side of my chair. Most likely fearing that he would get punished for forgetting his tasks. I pitied the poor creature. I wished I could help him, but I wasn't a Malfoy. And I never would be. Therefore, I wasn't officially his master and could do nothing.

"Yes, Master?" The elf asked timidity looking down to the floor.

"Why haven't you packed Draco's bags yet?" Lucius asked calmly, which was never good.

"I'm sorry, Master. Dobby was busy cleaning up the broken dishes Master Draco destroyed earlier." Dobby explained.

"Very well, go pack Draco's and Isabella's bags. We'll discuss your punishment later." Lucius stated glaring at Dobby. Dobby turned around and walked away slowly. He was probably exhausted from all the labor they forced him to do around the Manor. It was a giant house I couldn't believe how grand it was. But I always felt as if I didn't belong here. And to be honest, I didn't belong here. I wasn't a Malfoy, I was a Lestrange. And I wouldn't let anyone figure that out.

"Stupid Elf." I heard Draco murmur from across the table. My head shot in his direction and I glared at him.

"Anyway, there are some things the three of us need to address. First off, you both will join the house of Slytherin. Otherwise we all will be extremely disappointed." Lucius explained, making sure to add emphasis on the word 'all' meaning he would update my mother on everything I did. I knew I had to become a Slytherin, she would kill me.

"Lucius?" I questioned in a soft tone. He stared at me signaling to go on.

"Is if possible for me to go by something else at school? I don't want to be called a 'Lestrange'" I explained looking down at my hands that laid in my lap.

I didn't know much about my mother, but I knew no one would want to associate with her child. I knew my mother was locked up for reasons that were disgusting. I wanted to wash every part of her that resides inside of me. I had never met her psychically. But I had received letters from her.

"Yes, I was going to bring that up later." Lucius stated rolling his eyes like it made me horrible for wanting to disown my parents.

"I have rules you two must follow. One, no befriending anyone that isn't a pure blood ." Lucius eyed both of us suspiciously. I glanced over at Draco to see him messing with his hands. When he felt us staring he looked up at us, dropping his hands.

"Of course, father. I hate mud bloods." Draco laughed leaning back in his chair like he had just won his fathers respect. I rolled my eyes at his arrogance.

"There will be no shaming the Malfoy name. Isabella, you are one of us, you were raised here, and of pure blood decent. The same rules apply to you." I simply nodded my head at Lucius's command.

"And lastly, there will be no singing." Lucius snapped staring at me. My eyes opened wide, if I couldn't sing what would I be good at.

On my mothers side, the women in the family were given a special talent a long time ago. That only women in her family could possess. It was called a sirens tongue. Whenever a witch sang their magic could strengthen. Or if they were singing for a specific object or occurrence they could make it happen. It was an extremely rare talent. And not even all the witches in my family could be bestowed with this talent. It usually skips a few generations, which explains why my mother nor my grandmother had these gifts. I don't know about any other members of my family. But I knew for sure they didn't have it. I knew nothing of my father, so I assumed I didn't gain any talents from his side.

"From now on, Isabella. You will be called Bella Lee. You are a pure blood future Slytherin, that Just happens to be taken in by the Malfoy family." Lucius explained. I  was pleased with the idea of a fresh start. Except I would still have Draco, but he had always been like a brother. It shouldn't be a problem.

"You will finish everything that needs done before supper. We leave for the train station tomorrow morning. Don't disgrace us. Do you understand?" Mr. Malfoy questioned pointing more at Draco then me.

Lucius abruptly stood up and left the room leaving Draco and myself in the silence of our thoughts. We hadn't said a word to each other all morning. Was I really ready to live on my own. I was terrified.

"Stop looking so scared. You look like you're going to cry." Draco addressed looking up at me from his fingers, again. He had a arrogant smirk forming. He used his hand to push back his vibrant greasy hair.

"I'm not scared! Just confused on how this is going to work." I shot back glaring at him. I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms in a pouty way. A long strand of curly black hair fell over my face. I blew it out of the way and continued to glare. Draco chuckled, and stood up.

"Confused on what?" He questioned looking down to me. I had to think for a few seconds, before replying:

"I'm confused on why they wait till the day before to tell us we're going to school."

Now that I thought about it, why did they wait till the day before to tell us. Was it that the Malfoys couldn't decide on if we were ready to go on our own? I looked up at Draco to see him shrugging his shoulders and making a awkward face. I pushed myself out of the chair and hoped off. I had to start packing my bags, I would be leaving tomorrow. I had no idea what would happen once I arrived at school. Would I make friends on my own? Would I only talk to Draco? Who knew?