Mad-Eyed Moody

The next day was the first day of classes. I entered my Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Of course the teacher was Moody. I sat down in an empty seat, a few minutes later Draco entered the room and sat next to me.

"Bella, how was your summer? You didn't write me back this summer." Hermione asked walking up to me from the back of the room.

"I'm sorry, but I don't associate with your kind anymore." I stated with a snooty attitude rolling my eyes dramatically.

"What?" She asked confused squinting her eyes.

"Figure it out you're a smart girl. So get out of my view, mudblood." I hissed smirking at her evilly. I leaned back and watched as her eyes began to softly water up. She turned around and marched away.

"Fathers proud of you." Draco whispered into my ear. It was working, but at what cost?

Once everyone was in the class and the bell had rung Moody walked up to the front of the room preparing his lesson.

"Alastor Moody." He introduced.

"Ex-Auror, Ministry Malcontent, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me to. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" He explained kinda rudely. I leaned back in my chair and studied him, this was partially responsible for locking up my mother?

"When it comes to the Dark Arts I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" Professor Moody asked.

"Three, sir." Hermione answered still trying to hold herself back from crying.

"And they are so named?" He asked.

"Because they are Unforgivable the use of any one of them will-" she was cut off by Moody.

"A one way ticket to Azkaban."

"The Ministry says you are too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you are up against! You need to be prepared! You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk! Mr. Finnigan!" Professor Moody yelled. I turned around to see Seamus jump as he was trying to stick his gum under a desk. I was starting to realize why they called him mad-eyed Moody. I held back my laughter. I heard Seamus mumble something but couldn't hear what.

"And hear across classrooms!" Moody yelled throwing his piece of chalk at the poor boy. I couldn't help it anymore, I silently began to chuckle. Moody's head shot in my direction and walked up to my seat. I suddenly grew quiet.

"Is something funny, Miss Lee? Is being sent to Azkaban a joke to you? Is torturing an innocent nothing but a game?" Moody sneered. My eyes widened in fear as I shook my head.

"No? Then don't laugh in my classroom!" He screamed.

"So which curses shall we see first?" Moody asked the entire class. Was he really about to do one of the Unforgivable Curses in a classroom with a bunch of fourth years?

"Weasley!"

"Yes." Ron quaked in fear.

"Stand!" I watched as Ron stood up in fear.

"Give is a curse." Professor Moody whispered.

"Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse." Ron explained softly. The Imperius Curse was one of the Unforgivable Curses, this one however caused its victim to be under control of the casters every desire.

"Oh, yeah. Your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years back. Perhaps this will show you why." Professor Moody smirked  as he walked over to his desk and picked something out of a box. It just so happened to be a bug.

"Engorgio." He casted pointing his wand at the insect the creature immediately grew in size. He probably did this so the whole class would be able to see.

"Imperio!" He shouted as he moved the insect around the room controlling it with his wand. He jokingly did this, all the children laughed. But I knew this was serious, I had read about the curses a thousand times in my books. I pretty much knew everything. Everyone laughed as the bug landed on Crabbes face he screamed from behind me.

"Don't worry, it's completely harmless." Professor Moody laughed.

"If she bites, she's lethal." Moody added as he hovered the bug over Rons head, he squirmed under it. Draco was enjoying this way more then me.

"What are you laughing at?" Moody hissed throwing the bug onto Draco's face. We both began to scream like little girls, though one of us was a little girl.

"Get it off!" Draco cried. I watched as Goyle stood up from the other side of Draco and began to try and slap it off.

"Talented isn't she? What should I have her do next? Have her jump out the window?" Moody laughed. As he flung the bug to a glass window.

"Drown herself?" He asked moving it over a bucket of water. He then began to slowly pull it back towards the front of the room. He placed the bug in his hand before speaking.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did you know who's bidding under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars?" Professor Moody explained as he placed the bug on his desk.

"How about Miss Lee's favorite? Can I have a volunteer? How about Longbottom?" Professor Moody smirked as he pointed his wand towards Neville to signal him to come to the front. He hesitantly stood up and made his way to Moody. I looked up to Draco, to see him frowning at me. He knew what I was thinking.

"This is the torture curse." Moody explained.

"Crucio!" He casted pointing his wand at the poor bug. I watched as the bug began to squirm and cry out in pain. Neville looked at the bug in anger and sadness. He almost began to sob, I felt bad. I had no idea why Neville was acting like this. Did somebody curse his parents?

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him!" Hermione screamed. Moody pulled back his wand and the bug immediately stopped crying. He picked up the bug and placed it on Hermione's desk.

"Perhaps you could give us the last Unforgivable Curse, Miss Granger?" Moody asked in silent anger. Hermione still looked like she was about to cry. But at this point I didn't think it was because of me anymore. She nodded her head signaling no, I knew she was about to cry any second.

"No?" He asked in disappointment.

"Avada Kedavra!" He hissed pointing his wand at the now dead insect. Professor Moody had just broken three of the most dangerous laws.

"The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it. And he's sitting in this room." Moody explained. I looked over at Harry out of the corner of my eye. He looked very uncomfortable. I watched as Moody walked over and stood above Harry, he pulled out his flask and took a ginormous gulp.