Chapter 8 (Part 1)

"Let the adventure with my oh-so-secret crush begin!"

-----

Hey guys! So as you know this chapter has been written by @readr1406! Shoutout to her :)

-----

Chapter 8 (Part 1):

Nico's Point Of View:

I sit there on a rock staring at the rapid water of the creek. I'm just thinking about how special Alex is to every other girl I've seen in Camp. She is different, unique, and well, it just separated her from throngs of other female campers.

My thoughts are jarred by the sound of footsteps approaching. Quickly turning my head around, I see a red-headed girl running towards me.

"Nico, I need your help. Memorize this - it's a prophecy about you, I think," the girl - Rachel Elizabeth Dare - comes up to me, panting. Her cheeks are red and puffy from the all of the runnings.

Rachel clutches a red sketchbook and a drawing pencil closer to her chest. "I had a pass-out earlier and I think it was a prophecy about you. But no one was there to remember it. I can't remember it but I can still write it, but only in the Oracle-trance."

She's the Oracle of the Camp who usually lives in a cave and tends to spill prophecies everyone in a while. It was freaky when she does that. Rachel plops herself down on a Yule log, motioning for me to come and join her, she flips open the sketchbook and her eyes starts to glow acid green, green mists curl out from her mouth. She scribbles on the page in cursive writings:

You shall seek and restore the forgotten symbol of the richest king

Incarcerated in the hands of the oblivious hero

Whom sat himself on the throne of amnesia

The circle of invisibility, the chosen one shall wields

Return with pride or live in eternal mortify.

With those lines, Rachel snaps out of her trance and her head collides against the sketchbook. I help her up and come shadow-traveling back to my cabin, studying the prophecy page I ripped out of Rachel's sketchbook. This quest is going to be interesting, I can assure you.

~*~

"I pick Alex Campbell, daughter of Poseidon and my half-sister, Hazel Levesque, from Camp Jupiter to embark on this journey with me." I announced to the camp later that night during the bonfire.

I search the crowd, scanning for that unique coffee-brown-haired girl; and there was Alex, she widens her beautiful sea-green eyes in shock and hangs her head low. She must be nervous about this quest - after all, she'd just arrived and got claimed this morning.

"The newbie got to go on a quest the same day she got claimed, how biased!" an angry camper whispers

"Yeah! Why does it always have to be children of Poseidon whom get to go on fun quests?!" another one sounds frustrated.

'That settles it!' Chiron pounds his hoof against the ground, calling for everybody's attention. 'Those three demigods will leave for the quest at sundown. Other campers, you may leave for your cabins.'

Orange T-shirt campers file into their cabins, until there are only two demigods and a white horse-man left. Chiron turns to us. "Alex, Nico, do you have any clues where to begin this quest?"

Without any lack of hesitation, I say, "Don't worry Chiron, we will start this quest right now. I've done some researches and I know where to look and what to retrieve. I've been able to pinpoint the location but first we need to pick Hazel up at Camp Jupiter and visit a few more crucial places."