Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Nico's Point Of View:

Am I an idiot? Yes, yes I am. Am I stupid? Yes, yes I am. But did I do the right thing? Yes, yes I did.

Seeing Alex with that Dylan kid really made me want to pull out Ally's fake extensions. Okay, okay. Let me back up the coo-coo train.

You might be thinking, but Nico, you incompetent ninny, you're the one who left Alex to drown in her tears. Well, not exactly. Remember the thing that Dad had asked me to do? Yeah, I was doing that. Sure, he absolutely hated Ally, but he was happy that I was with someone who wasn't Poseidon's daughter.

I know, I know. Not a good explanation but I think I'd rather face Alex's wrath than Hades.

"Nico!" Ally screamed - sorry, that's just how she normally spoke - and ran towards me, arms open.

Oh my gods. Somebody help me.

Almost as if Zeus was mocking me - which I'm pretty sure he probably was - Ally threw herself onto me, grabbing a hold of my aviator jacket.

"Baby! I was looking all over for you!" Ally let go of me as I picked myself up from the ground. Rolling my eyes when she turned around to pick up her small dagger (which she didn't even know how to use by the way!), I cross my arms over my chest.

"I was with in the arena. You know, practicing?" I said sarcastically. Man, I was becoming really sarcastic.

"Oh . . . I didn't know," she draped her arm onto my shoulders, not noticing my sarcastic tone. "But, I went by the pavilion and saw my half-brother and Alex together."

Now that got my attention.

"What? They were together?" I could feel the temperature around me rising and it wasn't because of my jacket.

"Yeah. Laughing and shit. Well, whatever. But I can't believe Dylan would want to date someone as ugly as her!" Ally laughed, dusting imaginary dust off her shorts in a way she thought looked sexy.

I couldn't believe it. Alex had already moved on. My Al-Bear had moved on.

But seriously? Al-Bear? I must really be going nuts.

"She's not ugly," I say softly. Actually, Alex was far from ugly. She was beyond beautiful.

"What? Have you seen her face?" Ally looked at me with an expression that I could only identify as suspicion. "Wait a second. Do you still like her?"

"What? Pfft. No! What made you think that?" I lie through my teeth.

"Okay . . ." With that, Ally smirks before jumping on me again, this time, straight towards my face.

~*~

Alex's Point Of View:

"Hey Dylan! Do you know how to sword fight?"

Dylan and I had been training for at least an hour now. While he was excellent at archery, I took the lead in sword fighting.

"I'm okay," Dylan shrugged, shooting another bulls-eye. I wonder how he isn't a son of Apollo.

I think I just made a statement which was considered racist in Greek.

Huh.

It was like saying all the dumb, pretty ones always ended up to be kids of Aphrodite or the violent ones were always Ares' kids. Wow.

"I could teach you. If you want that is?" I say almost shyly.

"Yeah, sure! I'd love to."

Dylan laid down his bow and arrows, and picked up a sword.

"Okay, so in sword fighting you . . ."

~*~

"I can't believe you beat me fifteen times!" Dylan exclaimed loudly, groaning.

We were heading towards the pavilion for dinner after a long day of practicing.

"Well, it takes time and training to handle a sword," I laugh at his expression.

"Whatever," he muttered, sticking his tongue out at me childishly. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nod and wave him goodbye. Dylan heads over to the Aphrodite table where Piper is playfully wiggling her eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes, before heading over to the Poseidon table.

Percy and Grover seem deep in conversation. I sit down, breaking the silence that had now taken over.

"What?" I shrug.

"Nothing . . ." Percy smiles at me nervously. What is up with them?

I ignore them and look around the pavilion. Leo waves at me from the Hephaestus table whilst Jason and Nico look lonely. I try to ignore the fact that Nico was occasional shooting not-so-distinct glances my way whilst his girlfriend glared at me.

Gods, I hate my life.

________________________________________________________________________

Short, filler kind of chapter! Wooh.

I'm currently obsessed with The Walking Dead! Any of you watch it? :))

Hope you all have a great day ;)