Chapter 35: Let's google him!

Bắt đầu từ đầu

They were so shocked when I told them that I didn't know what Adam Black looks like until I saw him in my dad's company.

Nicole was like, "that's the like the most handsome and hottest man on the universe was talking about. How could you not know?"

I also kind of felt stupid because our parents are best friends and stuff. Mae told me he has been keeping a low profile for the past two years and in my defense, I knew about him. I just didn't know what he looked like!

I'm the type of person that focuses on MY thing, not other people. I don't read my university's blog. I don't know what who's dating who. Jasmine was the one that told me I'm number one on the Hardwood's hotlist which is on the blog. Actually, it's more like an app but whatever.

"I just don't understand how you don't know a lot of people," Nicole says.

"I know people like Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, One Direction, and stuff." I defend.

She just rolls her eyes again. "Let's google you."

"No!" I exclaim.

She snatches my phone and types my name.

"I hate that picture." I cringe as my own overview appears.

"I like it though. Let me read your Wikipedia info." Nicole smirks and starts reading.

"Amelia Smith, model. Born 16th April 1997 (age 20 years). Amelia is the daughter of the third richest man in Connecticut, Edward Smith who is married to his childhood sweetheart, Elle Daniel (now Smith). Amelia is known for her fashion and how she simply describes it, elegant and expensive."

Yes, I'm a model. I've model when during school breaks for like 11 years now.

"Whatever." I huff. I pop my head in my phone that's in Nicole's hand. "Look, look at you on 'people also search for'." I point

"Nope, I'm reading more about you." She pulls the phone away and continues. "Height: 1.74m. Partner: Liam Black!" She squeals.

I close my eyes. "Oh my God." I sigh and lie back on the bed.

She's definitely going to google every person she knows.

****

"Heyyy." I hug Ian. He is wearing a blue denim jacket with a white shirt underneath. His golden blonde hair is in its usual short messy curls.

We break away and Nicole pulls him in a tight hug. "I'm sorry." He mumbles. "Me too," Nicole says.

Ian kisses her cheek and we also sit, joining Brian and Rob. We share kisses on the cheek and I look at them. "Where are the others?"

We are having dinner at Jacob and Tyler's family hotel. Their dads own and do every business together.

"Emily and Colton are on a date," Brian says.

"And I asked Jas to come but she said that she has a 'hot date' tonight," Ian says, air quoting hot date.

"How about Liam?" I raise an eyebrow. I didn't see him nor hear from him today. Last night, he said that he has a History exam today.

Brian and Rob share a look as I talk. "He has worked." Brian clears his throat.

"What type of work?" I ask.

He just shrugs and looks out the window.

"His das assigned him to interview some people." Rob lies and I just roll my eyes.

It's obvious that they're hiding something.

I decide that I'm going to force Ian to tell me since he sucks at keeping secrets...... I think.