"I'm sorry too," Taehyung replied with cool indifference, trying to edge around Mr. Loy who was still in our way, using his body to keep me a safe distance away from both the Loys.

"It's a miracle he's recovering from that so quickly, I'm grateful," Mr. Loy continued. "Especially as it was a bullet through the ribs."

Taehyung paused. "How did you know it was through the ribs?"

Surprise crossed Mr. Loy's features. "Hm?" He hummed.

"The bullet through the ribs," Taehyung repeated, his eyes narrowing a little. "No one else knows that except his closest acquaintances. The article released to the public about the incident merely stated he was shot."

"Did it now?" Mr. Loy chuckled. "Well, I must've heard somewhere that it was through the ribs."

"Must have," Taehyung echoed, clearly not convinced.

"Y/N," I flinched at my name coming from that woman's mouth. I watched her warily as she leaned forward, earnest and with huge eyes fringed with too much eyeliner and make up. "Let's get some coffee and properly talk, honey, please? I haven't seen you for so-"

Before I could respond Taehyung cut in. "Miss... Loy," the name hissed out his mouth like venom from a snake. "Did you know that Y/N was in a car accident?"

I stiffened.

"Oh no sweetie, you were in an accident?" Jaeun whined, pressing one of her decorated hands to her fur coat-covered chest.

"You didn't know," I replied flatly.

"Oh baby, were you hurt too much?" Jaeun once again began to make a move on my and once again Taehyung moved to block her.

I wish I was stronger.

I wish I could stand up for myself against her instead of Taehyung doing it for me.

I wish I'd never seen that woman again.

But I was weak. I was scared. I was hurt and wounded.

Just then Taehyung's phone rang and relief flooded in me as he answered it. "Chairman?" He asked, voice still rough and hard.

Pause.

"We're coming right now." Taehyung hung up and Mr. Loy gazed at Taehyung as if it was expected that the CEO would inform of what occurred in the call.

Instead all Taehyung said was a terse: "Please excuse us Mr. Loy."

And then he whisked off with me trailing after him like a puppy.

I didn't dare turn lest I saw Jaeun staring after me and when we reached the parking lot and got inside the car I finally released the scream that had been building up within me for the past ten minutes.

"It'll be okay, angel," Taehyung murmured softly, starting up the car before reaching over and patting my thigh comfortingly. "She's gone now."

No. It wasn't going to be alright. And she was gone... for now.

Tears were filling my eyes by the seconds, and it felt like someone had ripped a gaping whole in my chest.

"The phone call," Taehyung said slowly. "It was Namjoon. Jin's awake."

"Th-that's good," I stammered through the pain.

"Do you want to stay in the car to cool off as I go in?" Taehyung's hand slid up my thigh to grab my limp hands on the lap, giving me an encouraging squeeze.

I took in a deep, shuddering breath, trying all I could to control my emotions once again. "I-I'll stay with you," I whispered raspily.

We drove the rest of the way to the hospital in silence. The sun had finally peeked out from its pearly grey cloudy blanket right as it set, shedding its last watery orange light on the silvery, frosty city below, setting everything aglow.

By the time we arrived at the hospital most of my tears had dried and I had sealed most of my aching emotions temporarily.

Taehyung offered me his arm like a prince once we got out of the car and it cracked the smallest smiles from me as I gratefully accepted it.

"There's that lovely smile," he chuckled softly.

"TAEHYUNG!"

The loud cry shattering the atmosphere came from a fuming Yoongi storming over to us in the parking lot.

"Uh-oh," Taehyung's eyes widened at Yoongi. "What-?"

"Get your butt to Jin's room this instant," Yoongi growled, practically trembling in fury. "He's half crazy; all of us were worried sick after he got shot, and what does he do the moment he wakes up?"

Taehyung and I exchanged clueless looks and shrugged at each other.

"He tells us we were overreacting, and that he needed to see you as soon as possible, and then cracked the worst llama dad joke I'd ever heard and now I need to find some memory spray to wipe it away!" Yoongi's last few words were all but a cry of indignation and defeat before continuing stomping along his angry way.

For a few seconds the two of us stood speechless, unsure of what to say or how to react.

Finally, Taehyung pursed his lips. "Alright then," he slowly said. "Let's see what Jin so urgently needs to tell us then shall we?"

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚: