Chapter Nineteen. Thinking Of You.

Quincy left, Martin right

Quincy Diaz

-

"And you're sure you haven't seen him Quincy?" Dub's mother asked looking as if her world had just fell apart.

I sat in my car sipping on a big gulper while listening to Meek Mill new shit.

"I haven't seen him. After the last time I did all that running around to find him and it turned out he was safe the whole time - I don't want to do that again" I admit.

His mother slowly nodded her head accepting my answer as she pulled herself together.

"And I thank you for that, you went out and brought my son home. I just haven't heard from him in a week and you know how the streets are. It's ridiculous how you young men just around killing each other for no reason" She preached.

"I don't know nothing about that. I tried to look out for Dub and show him the right way - he didn't have to get involved with this. I hope he's okay but he's a grown man and he'll be found when he wants to be found" I said.

The truth was Dub was dead and his burnt body was under a bridge waiting to be discovered by a homeless man or someone cleaning up.

The imagine of him crying and pleading for his life played over and over in my head as his mother leaned down and kissed my cheek.

When she pulled back I hid the ounce of hurt on my face and nodded at her while she turned and walked away from me.

I knew if she kept asking around about Dub, Marquis would come after her and there would be nothing I could do to stop it.

Instead of dwelling on the situation any longer I decided to go and see my older sister. She always got into stupid shit and it usually made me feel better about myself knowing that she was suffering.

The ride was a good fifteen minutes from where I was and I looked to see if Chantel's car was in the driveway before pulling in.

Her Mercedes looked like it needed a wash with all the bird shit on it.

"She must really be shook" I laughed as I got out of my car and used my rear view mirror to look at the bottom grill in my mouth.

I jogged up the steps and rung her doorbell a few times before looking around.

When she didn't come to the door after a few minutes I tried the door knob and was able to push the door open easily.

Instinctively I pulled out my gun and walked further into the house looking around for Chantel.

It wasn't until I heard her talking on the phone loudly from the kitchen that I relaxed and put my gun away.

"You left your door unlocked. You know what's up out here and you playing with your life" I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"What's really the point? I walked right into Sean's trap without seeing it coming. You were actually right about distancing yourself from him and I thought I knew it all" Chantel said sounding like she was taking it hard.