Chapter Thirty One. Trust In Me.

Prince Davis

-

I was excited to know that I had made bail, I couldn't show it on my face but I was beaming on the inside.  I didn't plan on going back in even if that made running the only option.

The first thing I did was pop up at Alexis and Dana's apartment and then I got word from Martin that she hadn't gone with them to Louisiana because of a doctors appointment she made.

I was beating myself up because of the things I'd said to her. The more I thought about it the more I realized I sounded like my father and that was the scariest thing in the world to me.

Sean Davis was someone I didn't want to be like. He was still sitting in jail his damn self waiting on a trial and talking to the feds.

He was moved to protective custody and if it wasn't because of the shit that I had done on the side, I would've been in target down at county.

I had let myself into Alexis and Dana's apartment by picking the lock. My little sister was sitting on the floor in a bathrobe while painting her nails.

Alexis' dog Coco who had been laying on a pillow next to Dana immediately started barking as she ran over to me aggressively.

"Bite his ass baby girl!" Dana cheered and Coco went from viciously barking to sniffing me and then scratching at my leg wanting to be picked up.

"Thanks for the love" I replied stepping out of my shoes and she rolled her eyes.

"You told my best friend to get an abortion. I should ask you to square up" Dana said pushing her hair over her shoulder as she looked at me with disgust.

"So square up, you really starting to piss me off" I said and she did a double take.

My sister really hadn't done anything to me but I was really about to take my anger out on everyone. This is why I always go ghost until I could calm down, but if I went ghost this time, Alexis and I wouldn't make it.

"You never talk to me like that" Dana said and I blinked a few times before nodded.

"I'm sorry" I said looking into her eyes before I took a seat on the couch and sighed heavily. Dana remained silent while she watched me and silently judged.

"You need a haircut or something, you look more homeless than usual" She said after awhile and I kept a straight face not having the strength to deal with her goofy ass at the moment.

When she saw that I wasn't going to respond and go back and forth with her, she glanced down at her toe nails again and began painting.

About an hour later the locks turned on the front door and I remained slouching as it opened and Alexis entered with her purse hanging off her shoulder and her car keys.

When she saw me, her eyes widened a bit but she played it off and shut the door before looking around the living room in search of my sister who had retreated to her bedroom to talk on the phone.

"I see they let just anybody out of jail" She said with an attitude and I stood up and walked towards her.

"I'm so sorry, whatever you wanna do with the possible baby is up to you and I support you no matter what" I said snaking my arms around her waist as I pulled her into me.