Chapter:9

It was past midnight. No matter what, she couldn't sleep. She tossed the blankets aside. But still she couldn't sleep. Groaning she moved over to the huge windows and drew the curtains aside. Opening the windows she inhaled the air and shivered, only then realizing how cold it was. No, it was her skin that was hot. It was at that moment that the truth hit her smack in the face. She was sweating bullets! Dammit!

Pacing the floor she removed the gown and peeled away the panties that clung to her skin thanks to the sweat coating her body. Still she writhed in agony. Moving over to the mirror she took some pins and held her hair up into a bun. 

"Nooo" she moaned falling back onto her knees. Crawling all over to the washroom she clung onto the doorknob pulling herself up and moved into the room on wobbly knees. She set the temperature to cold and switched on the knob. She moved further inside letting the cold water lick her burning skin. But it only worsened.

Oh! Fuck! It's not working this time! Her skin resisted the coldness and as if to defy her became even more heated.

Orlaine couldn't sleep. Not when he knew his mate was sleeping next to his room. He had waited too long and not able to resist anymore he left the room in search for her. 

"Dayna" he called for her. When he heard the sound of water running he walked over to her bed and sat waiting. He had hurt her enough today. The Lord only knew that if he went inside there it would only spell a bad image for him. 

His thoughts were broken with the sound of something crashing and a loud moan. He rushed to the shower worried about her. The sight that greeted him was far from welcome. 

She laid at the corner, with the shower on a full blast and whimpering incoherently. Seeing her clawing herself tugged something in him. Without hesitating he strode forward and picked her up.

He mindlinked everyone he thought of explaining them the situation. He placed her on the bed. The sheets staining a deep red thanks to the deep wounds formed because of her claws.

He cursed as her temperature rode rapidly and pulled all her hair from her nape tying it into a knot. That was when her smell hit her. So bad. So damn bad.

His hands shook as he paced the room not knowing what to do. He couldn't touch her. Her smell was driving him fuckking crazy. 

It was the mating call. And he couldn't touch her.

Screw formalities. I am going to strangle that Elder Witch to death for putting me through this!

Oh yes, he was ordered not touch her until the the Elder witch arrived.

And whatever thread of control he had got snapped when he heard her moaning. It was enough to push every other thought from his brain until lust consumed it.

"It hurts.."she moaned again.

"Where?" he rasped out touching her. Need. To. Touch. Her.

He let his eyes roam all over her body torturing himself. Unable to comtrol himself any longer he strode forward intending to touch her.

However, he couldn't move more than a few feet when he heard the doors opening.

"Don't even think about it, Your Majesty" the Elder witch rasped out, slowly hobbling towards the object of his affection.

He backed away not out of fear but out of respect for the old woman. After all, the witch had no reason to live since she had a happy life with her family. A family that got burnt centuries ago. But she continued to live on to protect his family. So he treated her more like a grandmother.