INTRODUCTION

Hey guys! It's come to my attention that my story lines up with another author's work. The author -twoth-11 and I have discussed it. Neither of us stole the other's idea. We're both posting a message to clear any confusion. Enjoy the book!

 Enjoy the book!

||INTRODUCTION||

A young girl about the age of four stumbled after her father as he scaled a fire escape to an apartment building. She had a hand covering her mouth to stop giggles from breaking through her lips. She squealed quietly when her father suddenly lifted her up through a window and into a dark room. Her dad crouched in front of her, and put a finger to his lips to remind her to be quiet. She nodded and the man winked at his daughter before walking off into the room. She didn't understand why they were here, but her dad told her that she was going to see someone that she knew. She heard a loud crash coming from the direction her dad went in, she walked slowly toward it before hands sudden pushed her back gently, a large silhouette that she recognized as her dad stood there. The shadow was shoved backwards and she heard grunts and punches being thrown, before her dad slammed someone on the ground.

"Easy, Tiger." Her dad grinned, he cast a glance over his shoulder to make sure his daughter was still there.

"Dean?" The person under the girl's dad gasped. "You scared the crap outta me!"

"That's 'cause you're out of practice." Dean chuckled, until he was spun around so his back was pressed against the ground and the other man was on top of him. "Or not." Dean groaned. "Get off me."

The man helped Dean of the ground and the young girl ran to stand behind her dad. She pressed her face against her father's legs. The man didn't seem to notice the little girl, instead he was more confused to see Dean in his house.

"Dean, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Well, I was lookin' for a beer." Dean said, placing a hand on his daughter's head to calm her down.

"Sam?" A woman's voice came from another room and the lights suddenly turned on, making the little girl jump in shock.

"Jess." Sam replied, casting a glance down at the little girl that was hidden behind his brother. "Hey, Kota." He cooed, crouching down to be eye level to his niece. Everyone was silent as they all watched the little girl slowly peek from behind her father.

"S'okay, Kota." Dean assured his daughter, knowing she probably didn't remember Sam. He left when she was only one.

"Sammy?" She mumbled quietly, she stepped out from behind Dean but kept a fist wrapped around his jeans.

Sam grinned and eased the young girl into a hug, she was forced to drop her grip on her dad before she wrapped her arms around her uncle. Sam shut his eyes briefly. "You've gotten so big, Dakota." Sam said, he pulled back to hold the girl at arm's length. "How old are you now?" Of course, he knew but he just wanted to hear her answer.

"Four." She mumbled, holding up four fingers. Sam chuckled before he ran his hand through her hair. Sam then stood and walked over to meet the woman at the light switch, she had blonde hair that was crazy and curly.

"Jess, this is my brother Dean, and his daughter Dakota." Sam introduced, waving to both Dean and Dakota. The latter ran over to her dad and hid behind him again, she did this when she was nervous or scared. Dean smoothed his daughter's hair down as he watched his brother wrap an arm around the woman's shoulders.

"Oh, I love the smurfs." Dean said, looking at Jess's shirt. The woman shrank back from the stare.

"No, you don't." Dakota said, giving her dad a confused look, the comment only earned her a small nudge from Dean.

"Let me go put something on." Jess said uncomfortably.

"No, I wouldn't dream of it." Dean chuckled, Dakota glanced up at him with a disgusted expression.

"You're being weird, daddy." She shoved his leg.

He glanced at her before giving her a grin. She tuned out the rest of the conversation and placed her forehead against her dad's thigh, until Dean tugged on her hand. He gave her a soft smile before scooping her up in his arms, she giggled and waved goodbye to Jessica who was watching them leave. She started to pat Dean's shoulders as he carried her, he cocked his head to the side to watch her.

"Why don't you sit in Baby while I explain to Sammy about grandpa, okay?" Dean said once they reached the 1967 Chevy Impala. Dean placed his daughter on the ground and she nodded. He opened the backseat door for her to climb into, she patted his cheek when he leaned over to kiss her head.

Edited 3/13/19