Broken.

Na'imah was only seven when she went to live with her mothers estrange sister, Hazel, after her parent's untimely death.

In the beginning, everything was fine. Hazel had taken Na'imah in, including her as a part of her family which consisted of her two daughters, Aubrey and Eva, and her police chief husband Nico.

During her grieving period, they all were there for her, comforting her, showing her the love that she had once felt when her parents were alive. Her cousins who she felt like were more like her older sisters always found a way to cheer her up, doing everything together. Something that Na'imah was looking forward to being herself until the day of the accident.

Not only did she lose her parents but also her little sister who was only three months away from being born.

And although Her Aunt Hazel and Uncle Nico weren't her mother and father, they temporarily filled the void inside her heart for a while.

It wasn't until she turned ten that things begin to change though.

The love that she once had felt around her new family started to fade. Na'imah being as intelligent as she is picked up on it immediately. Her cousins had become distant and rude, her aunt was less caring, leaving Na'imah to literally take care of herself. It was almost as if she had become invisible in a place she called home.

But it was her uncle who was by far the worst.

When Na'imah first moved in, she never questioned the loving hugs and kisses she would receive from her uncle because of how he presented himself. However, she did notice the older she got, he started to look at her differently. Especially after she hit puberty and her appearance and body begin to change. His touches would linger as well as his lips that seemed to move a little closer to her mouth than her cheek each time.

Na'imah's eleventh birthday was the day her life turned into the nightmare she had dealt with for over seven years.

She still remembered the day so vividly. How happy she was to be turning eleven. Her aunt who hadn't been the best had seemed to make a turnaround, promising her a day filled with shopping for new clothes and shoes, as well taking her out for manis and pedis and to end her day with going to her favorite restaurant to eat.

But it was all a lie.

Since she had gone to sleep late the night before, she had woken up pretty late, missing out on the birthday breakfast her aunt had promised her. Disappointed, she had gotten out of bed, only to realize that her aunt and cousins had left without her, leaving her alone with her uncle and men she remembered seeing a few times.

At first, Na'imah didn't think too much about it, still seeing no reason to fear them.

Of course, that quickly changed.

On a day that was supposed to be filled with laughter and happy memories were replaced with screams of fear and heartbreak.

She still recalled what her uncle had said when they corned her in his man cave that was located in the basement. How they were only allowed to touch her wherever they pleased but "Her virginity belonged to him."

He allowed them to do things to her that no one should ever do to someone so young. Forcing her to touch them in a manner that made her want to throw up.

And once they were finished, she was warned to keep her pretty little mouth closed because "who would believe her" he said.

Na'imah felt utterly disgusting, even after she cleaned herself. She wanted so badly to tell her aunt once she came home but quickly realized that she was set up with a simple look she received from the woman she thought loved her.