Prologue.

The first time he had laid eyes on her, something within him had sparked.

She sat quietly behind the counter reading a hardcover of "American Street", her head slightly lifting up once hearing the ding of the door indicating a new customer.

He found himself in a bit of a trance of the curly mane that framed her gorgeous face. A soft and warm smile graced her face for a few seconds when their eyes connected before she returned her attention back on the book in front of her.

Absentmindedly walking down an aisle, he had temporarily forgotten why he was even there to began with.

His gaze kept going back to her while picking up random things that he really didn't need. Of the many times he's come to this same exact store he was sure that he has never seen her here before tonight.

Her smooth copper-colored skin made her stand out amongst the usual pale bodies of South Korea alone. The slight glint coming from the crystal nose ring she sported fitted her foreign features so perfectly.

But it was the tattoos she had that really peaked his interest.

The realistic roses that started from her collarbone and covered her upper shoulder were so unique to him. It wasn't until he grabbed what he actually came for and walked towards the counter he spotted the beautiful design mandala tattoo on her forearm. Her choices on ink to decorate her skin made him so curious of exactly she was.

"Will that be all for you tonight?" With a tone sweet like honey and so gentle, she spoke his native language so smoothly. His darkened eyes found hers staring back at him kindly and for a moment, he was speechless.

She was almost too perfect to him.

He blinked a few times not trusting his voice and simply nodded, giving her the ok to ring up his items that consisted of mostly junk food. A strange feeling he wasn't quite use to, started to erupt from inside of him that he had to close his eyes for a few seconds and take a deep breath. It wasn't pain or sickness that he felt, no, this was something else.

Fuck.

Opening his eyes once more, he found her looking at him curiously with a slight tilt of her head and a playful smirk on her face. Glancing at his total, he handed her more than necessary. "Keep the change." He said lowly, watching her place the money into the cash register.

A simple "ok" passed through those slightly glossed lips that caused him to bite his own subconsciously.

Shaking his head, he ran a hand through his freshly washed hair trying to understand what was happening to him. But deep down, he knew exactly what this feeling was.

He purposely brushed his hand against her when she handed him his bagged items, an action that she didn't catch or think much of. The different contrast of their skin tones was so evident but he liked it. And her lovely intoxicating scent wasn't making his situation any better.

Giving her one last look over his shoulder as he walked towards the door, she gave him a small wave and casually went right back to her reading.

Smiling to himself, he made his exit with every intent on this not being the last time to see her if he had the chance.

He needed to know everything about her.

The girl with the tattoos.