Chapter 18- Hole in My Chest

"I apologize for James' behavior. He is still new." Said Laurent.

I merely nodded at him before averting my attention back to James and Victoria.

"You heartless soul!!! You think torturing other people is funny?! I bet you don't even know what it feels like!" Victoria screamed at me.

My eyes widened and I took a step back. I felt as if a hole has been punched through my chest all over again. Alec and Jane were fuming behind me.

"How dare you shout at our sister like that?! Who do you think you are?!" Screamed Jane.

I turned around and staggered towards the car. Alec turned towards me helped me to the car, leaving Jane, Felix, and Demetri to deal with the three nomads.

"Are you alright, sister?" He whispered softly.

I didn't answer, just leaned against him for support. He sat me in a chair in the limo and started gently massaging my shoulders.

"It'll be okay. Jane will take care of it. You'll see." He murmured comfortingly.

I put a hand on his as a signal to stop. He let go of my shoulders and sat next to me, wrapping his arm around me lovingly.

"Do you need a cup of blood?" Asked Alec.

I shook my head and leaned it on my brother's shoulder.

"It'll be okay." He whispered before Jane, Demetri, and Felix appeared.

"Sister, are you alright?" Asked Jane, walking over to us.

I nodded before closing my eyes. A black venom tear slipped down my cheek and I blacked out, the screams of shock around me slowly fading away.