Chapter 11- The Monster Within

"What do you mean?" asked Alec.

"You see...I didn't tell the whole truth when Aro asked me what my gift was. Fear infliction is part of my gift...the bigger part of it. However, I can also manipulate your dreams. In fact, I can control anything that goes around in your brain from your thoughts to the amount of knowledge you have. It's hard to describe. I guess you can call it mind control...but that makes me sound like a brat...so I prefer the title of the Dream Catcher. I catch your dreams and manipulate them into what I want them to be."

My siblings stood there in shock.

"So let me get this straight. If you wanted a person to forget something they saw...or learn the knowledge they need for a test that they didn't study for....or to even say or do what you want them to...you just need to use your gift?" asked Alec.

"Yes."

"Wow. That's one amazing gift." said Jane.

"Thank you. I told you my gift. Tell me about yours."

"Well, I can inflict an illusion of a burning pain on a person. However, I can only do it to one person at a time and I have to be able to see that person." said Jane smugly.

"I am basically the antidote of my sister. She causes pain...I relieve it. I can take away all your senses.The good thing about my gift is that I can apply it to as many people as I want." replied Alec, coolly.

"That's impressive. But..how did you get your gifts?"

"I was angry at the villagers and wanted them to feel my pain, hense my gift. However, my beloved twin wished the pain away...influencing his power. What about you?" said Jane.

"I wanted them to fear the monsters within them...the ones that you can't see...the ones that you can't escape. That's where my gift comes from."