Chapter 8- Meeting With the Three Masters

We finally reached the Volturi castle. I looked at the step ahead of me and gulped. If I take this step, there was no going back. If I didn't, I may live my life forever wondering why I was being such a coward. I hesitantly raised my foot...but put it back where it was before. My siblings were staring at me intently, wondering whether or not I will take that step. Finally, I decided. Family over personal needs. I took a step into the place I have dreaded since the beginning of my vampire life.

"It'll be okay. The masters aren't too bad. In fact, they are mistaken to be psycho power-hungry dictators..but they are much more than that." said Jane comfortingly.

I nodded, trying to convince myself that what she said was right. After all, they did spend quite some time here so they must know this place well..right? Felix and Demetri pushed open the double doors to the throne room, where the three rulers of the vampire world were waiting. The four people behind me bowed and stood off to the side.

"And who do we have here?" asked Aro.

"Aria Haven, sir." I replied monotonously. Strange. I'm usually not a well-mannered person.

"Well then...may I ask why you seek audience with the Volturi?"

"I wish to join your coven." I said smiling.

"Do you have a gift?"

"Yes. I cause you to experience your deepest fears...ones that are possibly unknown to you." I said smiling devilishly.

"Remarkable! You will be a great asset to the guard. Tell me, dear Aria...do you have the gift of happiness induction as well?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Because I have never seen my beloved Jane and Alec laugh and smile so much before."

I smile and look at my feet. 

"That is a story for another day."