Chapter 14- Pain

I stepped off of the private jet with my siblings trailing behind me. Our hometown was in ruins. I'm not too surprised. It has been a while.

"Why would a vampire reside here?" asked Jane.

I shrugged, not knowing the answer.

"Let's split up. Yell if you see anything out of the ordinary." I ordered.

They nodded, Felix going with Demetri, Alec and Jane going with each other, and me going off alone. I like working alone because it gives me better concentration. After three hours of searching this ruined town over and over again, I saw something move in the corner of eye. I whipped around and saw a very tall vampire stand in front of me. I looked at him with a bored expression.

"Hello." he said, trying to start a conversation.

"Are you Coleman?" I asked, getting straight ot the point.

"Straightforward, much?" he asked chuckling to himself.

"If you are Coleman, I need you to come with me now. If you aren't, scram off and stop wasting my time." I said, not even trying to be polite.

"I don't get how the Volturi deal with you. You are such a pain." he said, running his fingers through his blond hair.

I hissed and pinned him against a wall.

"You have no right to judge me. You never went through what I have, therefore you should keep your mouth shut." I growled in his ear, dropping his body onto the floor.

"I'm going to ask you again. Are you, or are you not Coleman?"

"Yes."