Chapter 8: Imprisoned in a ward

Even though the Hospital Staff appreciated the severity of her accident, they were immune to it as they dealt with illnesses, diseases and accidents all the time. It was their job to treat all of these people to which they were accustomed to.

Ironically, the very people who were entrusted with the patients were seen to be free from any emotions for the ones who needed life-saving treatment or limb-saving treatment, in this case, neck bone saving treatment.

Actually, it was not fair to blame the nurses either, although the sister in charge did exercise her authority like Mrs Trunchbull when it came to limiting the number of visitors in Aysha's Hospital room "no; only three visitors at a TIME! Thank you!".

Unfortunately, Aysha's parents and siblings had to leave in order to allow Jamal in Sarah to come in.

Actually, the sister in her navy blue uniform had reasons to be a 'Kim Jong-Un'; instead of three visitors, four of Aysha's family came in; it was as if they would never leave.

And who could blame them? How could they leave her like this, with her neck caged in a hard cascade? How does a mother or father leave their baby daughter with a broken neck how the old they are? How does a sibling leave their sister with an injury that of a war casualty? They would have to have hearts of cold, black stones to abandon her like that in the hospital.

They had to leave now, her mother would be back later to stay overnight with her baby so that she could stay overnight. The nurses were actually happy to give permission for this because Aysha would not need much assistance from them.

Aysha's family met Jamal and Sarah outside the room before taking leave. They were concerned about them. They were going to visit them in their house but since they were here now, Aysha's mother held Sarah and Jamal and checking the whole of the body was all right as if they were pieces of expensive technology, just like their own mother did back in their flat at Skyfell House. She was relieved to see they came back fine grave of misfortune fine, to say the least.

Ayesha's mother held her nephew by his arm and ushered him towards the medics' desk because she needed an interpreter to enquire about her baby girl.

Over at the nurses' station, Jamal asked to see a doctor to one of the nurses working on a desktop computer who had corn rose hair neatly tied back with a hair band in exotic colours and shapes, out of the five nurses in the ward. It was weird to see only one white nurse there out of whom one was European; possibly Polish.

Unfortunately for Mrs Malik, the reply was "sorry sa', da doctas are not hia".

Sarah looked at her, she was in dismay. She never thought her younger kind-hearted yet talkative cousin would be silenced in such a cruel way. She creased her forehead due to the discomfort of seeing her cousin like this. Her mind was searching for answers if she needed an operation or not. She would not ask straight away. It would not be proper.

She was injured; she injured her wrist and she was badly bruised, badly shaken too. Luckily, there was no blood anywhere to be seen. Then she realised even if there were any before, it would have been cleaned up by now. Then again, she was not attacked with a machete or something of the sort, thank goodness for that. However, there was a cleaned up scratch on one side of her forehead and cheek.

After some silence; all she had to do was ask one simple question from a doting, compassionate and very concerned face "how did it happen?" silently cried, Sarah.

Tears rolled down her cheek. She tried to turn but the pain was unbearable. She was not able to receive Sarah's hug so Sarah resulted in holding on to her hand. She began to unleash her dreadful recount of the terrorising experience.