XVIII - Piper

UPDATING EARLY (so no there will not be a chapter on Friday) and I felt like a change of perspective ;)

******

Those two are complete idiots, I thought as I watched Annabeth and Percy run out of the ice cream parlor.

I frowned at the sight of Annabeth storm out of the parlor, but the frown lifted a bit when Percy followed her.

They are so cute, though.

I rolled my eyes at the thought. Now was not the time for shipping because my ship was literally running out the door.

I contemplated following them but something stopped me. What if this was a big moment for them? Even if it wasn't, they both deserved privacy.

Privacy...

I groaned and turned to the disappointed fangirls to my right. The one that was previously getting Percy's autograph on her bicep was just standing there with a dumbstruck expression on her face. I looked over the rest and reluctantly walked up to them.

"Don't expect him to come back," I advised them softly, trying not to induce a breakdown. Three of them nodded while tears quickly filled their eyes.

One of them, a girl with platinum blonde hair, cocked her hip. "We are not leaving," she spat at me, my eyes widening in surprise. "We've been studying his Instagram for three months, trying to figure out which neighborhood he lives in. This is the closest we've gotten in a whole year."

I blinked. "So you're cyberstalking him?"

The girl at her left nodded, her black ponytail bouncing up and down. "Yeah, but it's gotten us nowhere so far. The only reason we found him today was that of his ex-girlfriend. She told us that he'd be here," she told me, gesturing to the almost empty parlor.

I frowned again. "Rachel Dare told you that he'd be here?"

They all nodded. I looked away and tried to dig at my brain. Something was off, that much I knew. If Rachel had something to do with it then something was definitely off. How did she even know that we were here? The only reason Percy and I were here was that of Annabeth's date with...

"Oh no," I said, grabbing my stuff and beginning to walk out. The girls behind me sputtered in confusion. I stopped and rushed over to the register where Frank was distractingly eating a lemon sorbet cone.

"Frank," I began, leaning over the counter and changing my volume to a whisper. "Call Leo and tell him to be here ASAP. When he gets here, tell him to follow these girls. Okay?" He nodded slowly but surely as if skeptical but willing.

"Alright, I gotta go figure out where that jerk went," I told him. "He's the root to all of our problems."

******

When I ran out of ideas, I was four blocks away from the ice cream parlor.

I had checked everywhere but there was no Luke in sight. I cursed to myself. I really believed that the hotel was a good sign. I had stumbled past a hotel with a NO VACANCIES sign and told them to tell me if a Luke Castellan had checked in.

When they replied with a boring, "We can't give out confidential information, blah, blah, blah," I told them to google Tristan McLean and his daughter, and once they did that, they told me no, there was no room assigned to a Luke Castellan.

I left them alone after that and walked a few more streets.

I instantly regretted forgetting my phone in my bag at school because then it's at Leo's disposal.