[ Thirty Three ]

~Hazel's POV~

Jungkook and I were sitting in the gym waiting for the competition to start.

We had been wandering around the school aimlessly for the past couple of hours before it was time to go into the gym.

On the way to the gym I did some stretches to warm up my body.

For example, doing lunges down the hall with so much seriousness, yet so little, that it made Jungkook laugh until he was walking past me down the hall because he couldn't handle it anymore.

My parents had arrived ten minutes ago and were sitting in the front in the reserved area that said guardians.

I sat with my legs and arms crossed, taking slow deep breaths with my eyes closed to prepare my mind for this event.

Breathe in, breathe out was going through my mind.

I felt someone sit down next to me and I opened my eye just a little to look.

I regretted my decision.

Taehyung had sat by me.

I rolled my eyes under their lids.

Great, just great.

Jungkook squeezed my shoulder. "Wake up." He didn't demand it, it was like a kind suggestion that I gladly accepted.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. "What?"

He motioned towards Taehyung.

I turned to Taehyung with a somewhat smile on my face.

"Hello, my boyfriend."

He smirked. "Did that kiss knock some sense into you?"

"Ha! No, it didn't." I shook my head.

He was about to say something else, but the lights to the gym dimmed meaning that it was time for the competition to start.

"Hello!" A student named Bethany announced as she walked in front of the big body of chairs and people. "We welcome everyone to today's dance contest!"

Claps and cheers.

I smiled smugly.

Bethany waited for everyone to die down.

"All competitors please come to the side of the gym."

Thirteen people besides Taehyung and I stood up.

"Good luck!" Jungkook cuffed his hands around his mouth and grinned.

I flashed one back at him.

We walked to the side of the gym and as soon as we got there, Taehyung pinched my side.

I turned to him. "Ah! What was that for?"

He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes as Bethany talked some more before we all signed up on the clipboard Bethany handed us so that she could know who was going when and what song they were dancing to.

Three people had already signed up. Jacob, Benjamin, and Sophia. Kids I've known since Middle School.

I signed up after Sophia and Taehyung signed up after me.

I couldn't get a glimpse at what song he had chosen, but he laughed at mine.

I hit his arm and glared at him.

He just chuckled and turned around to hand the clipboard to the next kid.

I crossed my arms and pouted.