Chapter 15 She Is Gone

And we did, we took distance. which hurt me, It hurt me so much. But it didn't seem to effect Sam, but maybe she hid that she was actually hurt. Sam was still performing.
I stopped talking to Niall, Alex and Luke. I knew Luke wasn't in the plot. But I didn't want to talk to anybody. the only time I got out of my room was when I needed to perform. after that I locked myself in my room or in the tour bus.
I was isolated from the outer world. I didn't turn on the TV, my phone or any other device. I was buried in books. I read book after book. I had around ten books finished in three days. I read until the sun came up, holding onto a cup of hot chocolate.
I felt alone, I hadn't felt alone in a long time. I knew I chose to be alone, I didn't feel well about it. I wanted someone to talk about it, about something. But I didn't want to go back to Sam, or Alex, Niall or Luke. No one from the Crew could help me on this one.
I locked myself into other worlds. worlds were my problems didn't matter, where I could read about other people's problems. other worlds, other adventures. but mostly, another life.
I wanted to escape life, I didn't want to be dead. I've thought about it, but it made me shiver. I was taken back to reality when I heard a knock on my door.
I put my book down, not getting up. "go away!" I screamed, not wanting to be bothered. I was in the middle of the book. it wasn't that exciting so I wasn't mad someone interrupted me.
"no." said a quiet voice I would recognize anywhere. Sam. "I need you." she whispered. Tears sprung in my eyes. I leaped up from my comfortable position on the couch and opened the door.
Sam stood there, a frustrated expression on her face. she walked inside and sat down on the couch I had previously been sitting on.
"wh-what's wrong?" my voice sounded harsh, It was the first thing I've said to her in three days. it made all the emotions come back.
"I have to go on a date with Harry, and I can't go without you." I didn't mind it was because of Harry. I didn't mind at all, this made us talk again. I was actually happy with Harry for once. 
"you sure you don't want to try on your own?" I asked her, she shook her head. I sighed and walked towards the couch, shutting the door behind me. I sat down next to her crossing my legs.
"I'm sorry." I told her.
"you should be." she said holding her chin high. "but I don't want to talk about that anymore." she tucked her legs underneath her.
"what do you want to talk about?" I asked. Sam started talking about Harry. first she took half an hour to describe his face, then she started on his body. then she talked about her interviews how they kept on asking about Harry.
"like they asked for me to come on their show. if they wanted to know that kind of stuff, they should've asked Harry" she had said offended. She said how sweet Harry could be. but also really stupid.
"like, he keeps asking the same questions, and he's always nervous, and keeps fumbling with his shirt, and sometimes he blushes. blushes, I mean, which guy blushes."
"well Harry." I had replied.
"that was a rhetorical question." she had snapped at me. she kept pointing out things about Harry she didn't like. But never did she say anything about him treating me badly. I knew I shouldn't think that and help her with her problems, instead of thinking about my own.
"so if you would point them out to him, he might change." she said, like making a statement, like she just finished talking because that was her point.
"I can't do that." I said without thinking. "he's your boyfriend, you should like him the way he is, and not let him change." I told her, hoping she would leave it at that.
"but he could use some more muscles, when he wanted to pick me up I held him from doing that because I was affraid he would drop me." she said in such a high voice, I wasn't sure if she meant it.
"he should do some workouts, just like Liam. Haven't you seen Liam, he has the biggest muscles ever. I would let Liam pick me up." she sighed dreamily.
"you shouldn't look at other boys." I told her frowning. "Specially not his band mate." Sam rolled her eyes at this.
"Scar!" she hit me playfully. "you have so much to learn. Harry doesn't mind me looking at other boys, I would be mad if he looked at other girls though." I couldn't believe what she was saying. Of course Harry wouldn't want her looking at other boys, that's obvious.
"see." I pointed out. "you wouldn't like it if he looked at other girls. That's how he would feel if he knew you looked at other boys." she looked at me funnily.
"don't say such absurd things Scar."she laughed it off. she got off my bed and walked towards the door. "so the date begins at eight, and I want you to be the perfect girlfriend." she told me and slammed the door behind her, not waiting for my response.
"but I'm not even his girlfriend." I sighed in defeat. I got off the bed, maybe I should stop isolating myself. I decided I should call Luke. I didn't have Niall's number or Alex'. so I called Luke.
my thumb was hovering over the call button. I still wasn't sure. would he be mad? would he scream? I probably have ruined our friendship. these thoughts made me put my phone down.
I got my jacket and a scarf. I got out of the door, I saw Sam talking to someone near the lift. I walked towards the lift but didn't step in. they were talking about me.
"Scarlett?" I heard Sam ask. "yes, she's pathetic, she thinks I'm her best friend. so naive. I would never be friends with someone like her." I couldn't believe Sam was saying this.
"but she is nice." I heard a familiar voice. "she's just alone, but now she has Luke and Niall and that little boy, she's getting happy." It was actually true what she said, I had always been happy. They just made me happier.
"Caitlin, don't be like that. She's ugly, and she is trying to steal my spot in the spotlights." Sam said angrily.
"she isn't ugly, and if she wanted your spot in the spotlights she could have stolen it already." Caitlin? the sweet girl who helped on the day One Direction came on tour.
"you should be on my side." Sam whined. I held my head. "she's stupid, and I only use her, simple as that. she's a nobody and she'll always be a nobody." I didn't wait for Caitlin's response. I went into the lift and cried.
I cried, biting my lip. when I stepped out of the lift the lobby wasn't packed. there were only a few people here. one of those people being Luke. Luke saw me. but I was faster, I ran towards him and dropped in front of him on my knees.
he was sitting in one of the chairs in the lobby and was holding his phone. "I-I'm sorry." I sobbed. he grasped my hands and forced me to look up at him. I couldn't see him, my vision was blurry from the tears.
he started stroking my hair. "it's nothing Scar. Tell me what's wrong." he whipped the tears off my face. I was still crying so the empty spots on my cheeks were quickly wet again.
"I'm sor-rry." I told him. I was breathing short breaths trying to stop crying. Luke pulled me onto his lap and I just sat there, on his lap, silent tears rolling down my cheeks.
after a while I had stopped crying and we just sat there, Luke had started stroking my hair. and I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to call him my friend. "I'm sorry." I said again, looking Luke in his eyes.
"I'm probably the worst friend ever, I just couldn't handle everything, I'm sorry." I wasn't sure anymore why I had been crying. because at some point it wasn't about Samantha anymore, it was about Luke.
"you're the best friend I could ever wish for. Remember that day when you punched Rick because he started a rumor about me?" We both laughed at the thought.
"yeah, he's horrible, he slept with her." Rick said to one of the girls who liked Luke. she looked at him wide eyed.
"we're talking about the same Luke right. Luke Hemmings?" Luke was at my side, not noticing a thing. I let go of Luke's hand. and balled my hands into fist.
"don't even dare to talk about him like that." Rick barely had time to look up because I punched him,  right into his stupid face.
"Luke never slept with anyone, so shut your stupid trap and die in a hole!" People were watching us, but I didn't care. no one, and I mean no one says things about Luke like that when I'm around. Luke came by my side.
"thanks Scar, Rick's a di.ck." he laughed, the girl who had been talking to Rick looked at Luke.
"rick was a di.ck" I said, Luke agreeing with me. I got off his lap, my legs feeling like jelly.
"I want to go outside, maybe go for a bite?" I asked him. he looked at me doubtful.
"the front of the hotel is packed, are you sure you want to?" he asked, also standing up. I saw Samantha and Caitlin come out of the lift.
"they're not here for me, I'm sure." I took Luke's hand and dragged him to the exit. "my car's parked a few meters outside the entrance." he nodded his head.
"I'm sure they're interested in you Scarlett, just don't answer any question and keep walking." he told me really serious. Why would they be interested in me? I'm just a nobody. just like Samantha said.
we walked outside, people started screaming and I heard flashes go off. "Scarlett here!" I heard my name more then once. how did they know my name?! I was alarmed trying my best to get out of the crowd
the crowd wasn't moving a bit, I pushed past people, desperately trying to get to my car. I hated crowds like this. they made me sick, I felt sick in my stomach. Like the air was just taken away from me. Like I was unable to breath.
I was by my car and got inside, not a minute later Luke got in beside me. I breathed heavily, trying to catch my breath I placed my hand on the wheel gripping it tightly.
"that was horrible." I told Luke with a nervous laugh, he looked at me, worried. Like I was an object that could be dropped and shatter into a thousand pieces.
I hated that thought. I didn't want to be some girl that can't take care of herself. I don't want to be fragile. yet that's exactly how I'm acting.
we drove off, it was a bit hard with people running in front of our car. Luke and I talked about things that had happened. he told me there was a theory about me being the voice and Samantha being the face.
I told him it was true, that I would sing backstage and she would preform. He was shocked to hear this, he told me I should take the spot on stage, that it was mine to take. But it wasn't mine to take, I would never be enough.
"you deserve that spot Scar, and I'm going to give you it."