Chapter 3 only friend

I quickly made sure my ponytail wasn't that horrible. Okay, the least I could do was hide the ponytail and just pretend it wasn't there, but I knew they would get mad at me, so I left the tail. Then my phone started vibrating, I took it out and saw it was Sam.

"Hey Sam." I said excitedly, I really love my friend. She is my only friend and really likes me for me.

"Hey Scarlet, I'm coming your way, the boys can get there before I get there, I need to look perfect for them." she sighed dreamily. "Bye."

"But-" I was cut of by the tone of the phone ending. I sighed just like Samantha had done, only this one was from frustration.

"Alright then. I guess I need to get to the kitchen." I mumbled to myself and then went to the kitchen. it was a small one but when I entered the small space, it was packed. not only with people but also with food. from ice cake, to some pasta. I've never seen so much food together. I was shocked.

"what the hell." I muttered as I watched people walk from left to right and only being stressed out, what was going on really.

"could you please leave Scar, you're actually standing in the middle of the room, so you aren't helping the people around you." Ben the chef of the crew tried to make me feel better then saying I was no use here and I should leave as fast as I could.

"but Ben what should I do? I'm supposed to be here, I'm the waitress." I explained and he nodded. he seemed to think and he then told me to stand outside until he called me.

"that ponytail doesn't fit you Scar, I should leave your hair down." I sighed heavily and agreed he gave me a weak smile before disappearing into his kitchen again.

I just walked around, but making sure not to be to far away from the kitchen. I wasn't paying attention, until somebody bumped into me.

"watch where you're going." the male told me, I looked up and he glared at me. he took a step back from me.

"where I'm going? I'm going no where so that's a bit difficult." I said and he squinted his eyes at me.

"you're not the prettiest around here, you're closer to ugly that I've ever seen." he said and I rolled my eyes, he thought I was affected by that.

"I've heard that before, can't you come up with something better, please." I couldn't help but roll my eyes again. he scrunched up his nose shook his head and left. I sighed, why does this society judge on appearance.

"Scar, you can come in, we're done and our guests are already here. we only have to wait for Samantha to come." he said Samantha with such disgust I thought he was mean.

"don't talk about her like that, she is still my friend, my best friend." Ben's eyes found the ground and shook his head. everybody here didn't understand why she was my friend, they knew how I felt about her.

"you're too good Scarlet, she doesn't deserve you." he smiled and patted my shoulder. he gave me a list on how and when I should serve everything. I nodded in understatement and he left me alone after a thousands are you sure you will be fine's

I was there alone until the door opened, "Gosh Sam I've been waiting for you for so long I thought you wo-" I looked at the door and it wasn't Sam who entered the kitchen, it was a blond haired boy.

"I'm Niall, that's not even close to Sam." he joked and I smiled, he probably hasn't seen me otherwise he wouldn't be this nice.

"I'm Scarlett." I introduce, his eyes found mine and oddly enough he smiled, he didn't back away, his face didn't turn in disgust he smiled.